Stage 773 Re-Launches PURPLE FLUFFY BUTTER BUBBLES Sketch Show Today
Brian Posen, Stage 773 artistic director and Bri-Ko performer, has announced "PURPLE FLUFFY BUTTER BUBBLES" is playing one Sunday a month at 3pm starting today, February 17th, 2013. "PURPLE FLUFFY BUTTER BUBBLES" will perform Sundays February 17, March 24, April 21, May 19, June 16, July 21, Aug 18, September 15, October 20, November 17, and December 15, 2013 at Stage 773 (1225 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL 60657). Tickets are $10 - $20 (student discounts available). To purchase tickets call 773-327-5252 or visit www.stage773.com.
Brian Posen explains this important information about doing an all-silent show: " ... , !!!"
The members of Bri-Ko combine sketch, acting, and clowning in their all silent, all funny, all family friendly show Purple Fluffy Butter Bubbles. With a universal appeal, Bri-Ko manages to speak to people from all walks of life, without saying a word. Critically acclaimed for past performances, Bri-Ko was hailed a "Must See" by Chicago Magazine. "If I were you, I'd do everything in my power to get a ticket," says The Chicago Tribune's Nina Metz. Bri-ko - All Silent. All Funny.
Stage 773 celebrates off-Loop Chicago performing arts and artists, Stage 773 is a nonprofit Chicago company that produces The Cupid Players, Bri-Ko, The Chicago Sketch Comedy Festival, Street Tempo Theatre and other programs, as well as offering subsidized theater rental space to the hundreds of Chicago's itinerant off-Loop companies and performers. Stage 773 is located at 1225 W. Belmont . Stage 773's four theaters are home to performances by some of Chicago's most innovative, creative and passionate off-Loop performing artists.
Stage 773 recently completed a more than $1.5 million renovation, which features:
- Redesigned Belmont Avenue façade;
- Increased amount of light in the lobby and an opened lobby to street side viewing with the addition of floor to ceiling windows along Belmont Avenue;
- Transformed the West Theater into two new flexible spaces, which include "The Cab," a cabaret (69 seats) and "The Box," a blackbox theatre (80 seats). These spaces are ideal for smaller theater companies, dance companies, cabaret singers, magical shows, improv groups and more;
- Completely overhauled the South Theater, now called "The Pro" (148 Seats), including relocating the stage and seating to allow for easier load-in, better sound proofing, and convenient audience access. In addition, the South Theatre is ideal for dance companies;
- Modernized and doubled the number of lavatories;
- New box office/concierge desk
- New administration offices, and
- New lobby and bar area.
The building continues to be a venue for some of Chicago's most respected theater and dance companies as well as a place for budding new talent. Other Stage 773 productions that will perform at the new space include The Cupid Players, The Chicago Sketch Comedy Festival, The Chicago Women's Funny Festival, the newly created Street Tempo Theatre, Liminality Theatre and Bri-Ko.
Stage 773 presents Bri-Ko in "PURPLE FLUFFY BUTTER BUBBLES" Sundays February 17, March 24, April 21, May 19, June 16, July 21, Aug 18, September 15, October 20, November 17, and December 15, 2013 Tickets are $10 - $20 (student discounts available) and may be purchased online at www.Stage773.com or by calling 773.327.5252. Stage 773 is located at 1225 W.
Belmont Ave. For more information on the renovation or a list of current events at Stage 773 visit Stage773.com or call 773.929.7367.