Neil McGarry Tours One Man Performance of Charles Dickens' A CHRISTMAS CAROL
Using only Charles Dickens' original text, Neil McGarry delivers a riveting performance of the classic holiday story, portraying each and every character with full engagement and, somehow, making you believe you're watching a full company of players. Fully staged, complete with dancing, this one-man tour de force has left critics and audiences of all ages laughing and crying with joy - and rightly so. Simultaneously moving and entertaining, the result is something much richer than expected and well worth the ticket price.
Directed by Ross MacDonald and created under the auspices of The Bay Colony Shakespeare Company, Neil McGarry's stunning one-man performance of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol won "Best Solo Performance of 2014" from the Independent Reviewers of New England (IRNE), after being nominated for the same award in 2013. It was also named "Best of Boston" in 2013 by critic Jules Becker.
Based currently in Italy, McGarry will be in the U.S. in December touring his award-winning production of the Dickens favorite for the fifth holiday season in a row.
• 12/9 - Stonington Opera House, Deer Island, ME - http://www.operahousearts.org
• 12/10 - Saco River Theatre, Buxton, ME - http://www.sacorivertheatre.org
• 12/15 - Sharp Nine Gallery, Durham, NC - http://www.durhamjazzworkshop.org
• 12/16 - Curtain Call Theatre, Braintree, MA - http://www.curtaincallbraintree.org
• 12/19 to 12/21 - Cotuit Center For The Arts, Cotuit, MA - http://www.cotuitcenterforthearts.org
• 12/22 - Plymouth Center For The Arts, Plymouth, MA - https://plymouthguild.org
Check out a video preview below: