Page: 1

Robyn

Parks
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Robyn#1
Posted: 1/31/08 at 2:08am
Anyone remember her?

She released an EP in the US yesterday of some of her newer stuff--some new acoustic versions of songs that are on her CD currently only available in Europe.

I love her music--she created her own record label and is slowly making her way back (?) to the top. Some of her music is raunchy, some silly, some sad. She's very talented as a producer. I wish her CD would be released in the US. I had to download it through a torrent to get it.

If you haven't heard her new stuff, look her up on YouTube! Be Mine! is a great song. The acoustic version (which she performed live) is what made me start liking her again. She really means what she sings. Great performer.
"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
Updated On: 1/31/08 at 02:08 AM
tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Robyn#2
Posted: 1/31/08 at 6:36am
Are you talking about the acoustic song called "Jack You Off" where all she says is "I'm gonna jack you off"?
....but the world goes 'round
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Robyn#2
Posted: 1/31/08 at 9:28am
"Jack U Off" is a cover of a Prince song. Miss Robyn is set for a major comeback. I just saw this article in Time Out NY and I kvelled! Check out the last paragraph for Robyn's connection to "Piece of Me".
Robyn Interview
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Robyn#3
Posted: 1/31/08 at 10:25am
I thought this was about Robyn Byrd...and her hit, "Baby, Wontcha Bang My Box"...pity.
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

tazber Profile Phototazber Profile Photo
tazber
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Robyn#4
Posted: 1/31/08 at 10:30am
Is she still around?
....but the world goes 'round
doodlenyc Profile Photodoodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Robyn#5
Posted: 1/31/08 at 10:34am
Not sure...but this from her wikepdia listing:

"As of 2007, The Robin Byrd Show continues to be aired unscrambled and uncut."
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile PhotoLink Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Robyn#6
Posted: 1/31/08 at 10:34am
Her self-titled album has been on constant play on my iTunes for many months now. Well crafted cheeky pop. Be Mine! and Handle Me are some good tunes.

Akiva
Borstalboy Profile PhotoBorstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Robyn#7
Posted: 1/31/08 at 11:20am
Doodle...you are obsessed with Robyn Byrd!

Be Mine! is an incredible song.
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~ Muhammad Ali
~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Robyn#8
Posted: 1/31/08 at 1:26pm
Strangely, "Show Me Love" played on my iPod earlier today. I'm fairly certain I got the single as a birthday present when I was in middle school.
I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!
Parks
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Robyn#9
Posted: 1/31/08 at 4:51pm
I read on Wikipedia a few weeks ago that she did backup vocals for the CD, and while listening to Piece of Me a few nights ago, I was listening to the higher "You want a piece of me?", and I thought that sounded like Robyn, so I was guessing it was her. Very cool! I hope she has a strong comeback.

Jack U Off is a dirty, dirty song and I love making people listen to it. She seems very funny to me...in a perverted way.
"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
Link Larkin Wanabe Profile PhotoLink Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Robyn#10
Posted: 1/31/08 at 4:55pm
Parks,

A running jokes with our friends is to try and make a new verse of that song for every situation we are in. Like two weeks ago:

We've been painting in the theatre late
the only thing now that would feel that great
is if we hopped into a cab
and you jacked....

well You can finish it off.

Akiva
mateo Profile Photomateo Profile Photo
mateo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Robyn#11
Posted: 1/31/08 at 5:06pm
Do you know what it takes to love me?
Do you know what it takes to do me right?
"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
lovelyspotlight Profile Photolovelyspotlight Profile Photo
lovelyspotlight
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Robyn#12
Posted: 1/31/08 at 6:34pm
"Show Me Love" was one of my favorite songs back in the day...and I remember that most of my friends had no clue who Robyn was.
Rosalind Profile PhotoRosalind Profile Photo
Rosalind
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Robyn#13
Posted: 1/31/08 at 6:36pm
Word UP on Show Me Love, what a fun tune.
"Just remembering you've had an 'and' when you're back to 'or' Makes the or mean more, than it did before..."