Page: 1

In case you need another reason to despise Mitt Romney...

StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
...he just proved how mornic he is.

He is speaking out against Time's "Man of the Year" (note to Romney: it is "Person of the Year") by saying that the choice is "disgusting."

From CNN: "You know, he imprisoned his political opponents. There have been a number of highly suspicious murders," Romney said on Beck's radio show. "He has squelched public dissent and free press. And to suggest that someone like that is the Man of the Year is really disgusting. I'm just appalled."

Ummmmm, does he not understand that the title is not necessarily an honor?! It goes to the biggest newsmaker and/or person who changed the world the most, whether it be for good, bad, or a little of both. It is not an award.

If he knew his history, he would know TIME has previously picked both Hitler and Stalin as Persons of the Year. And they clearly were not endorsing the actions of those two. But it's impossible to deny their impact on the world.

What. A. Moron.
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
Liverpool Profile PhotoLiverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
McCain thought it should have gone to Petraeus, which was quite laughable
StickToPriest Profile PhotoStickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's been a joke the past few years anyway.

Guiliani?? I'm sorry, but he did not have the largest impact on the world, or even the country, in 2001. Not by a longshot. That choice was pathetic and wimpy.

But re: Romney's statement. Considering he is a candidate for the Presidency of the United States, does he realize, diplomatically, what a dumbass comment that is to make publically. He has to be on good terms with Putin should he ever, God forbid, become President.
"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.
Ida Noodleman
Stand-by
Stand-by
Interesting. When I click onthe story link, it gives teh message "You are looking for something that isn't here."

That seems like a very appropraite message in this case.
What would Tina Yothers do?
mominator Profile Photomominator Profile Photo
mominator
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't need ANOTHER reason to despise Romney, I live in Massachusetts.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien
pab Profile Photopab Profile Photo
pab
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has said he watched his father, the late Michigan Gov. George Romney, in a 1960s civil rights march in Michigan with Martin Luther King Jr.

On Wednesday, Romney's campaign said his recollections of watching his father, an ardent civil rights supporter, march with King were meant to be figurative.

"He was speaking figuratively, not literally," Eric Fehrnstrom, spokesman for the Romney campaign, said of the candidate.

The campaign was responding to questions raised by the Free Press and other media after a Boston publication challenged the accuracy of Mitt Romney's account.

In a major speech on faith and politics earlier this month in Texas, Mitt Romney said: "I saw my father march with Martin Luther King."

He made a similar statement Sunday during an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press." He said, "You can see what I believed and what my family believed by looking at our lives. My dad marched with Martin Luther King. My mom was a tireless crusader for civil rights.""

Romney Caught telling a Lie
"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"
Updated On: 12/20/07 at 04:31 PM
TheatreDiva90016 Profile PhotoTheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Guiliani?? I'm sorry, but he did not have the largest impact on the world, or even the country, in 2001. Not by a longshot. That choice was pathetic and wimpy."

He just had the most air time.
"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post. <<>> -whatever2