Page: 1

Boy From Oz Actors Equity fights aids fundraising has begun

theatermafia Profile Phototheatermafia Profile Photo
theatermafia
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Just came back from Boy From Oz. -A fabulous Hugh Jackman but a lousy show ( just my opinion ). Anyway; at the end of the show they auctioned of a black t-shirt he had worn during the show . They got $2000.00 for it. They also auctioned the towel he wears around his neck for $1800.00. Photo ops with Hugh went at $500.00 each in addition the signed cd's and posters were flying in the lobby. I wonder how much they will make by the time the fundraising weeks are over?
theatermafia Profile Phototheatermafia Profile Photo
theatermafia
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Forgot to add that at Gypsy last night when they asked for donations at the end; it didn't seem to generate much support from the audience. ( Neither did the show)
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I thought that they were auctioning off kisses from Hugh at BOY FROM OZ. I was willing to go as high as $500 for one of those.
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
milliegal
Swing
Swing
I was at BFO on 11/15, the matinee and they auctioned off the black shirt. It went for $4500, not only did one person bid but three people were willing to pay $4500. You could tell the cast were all amazed. Apparently there was a woman in the audience who co-wrote or wrote 9 of the songs. Of course she was one of the $4500. They also did the first 10 people at the stage door willing to pay $500 got a picture too. Are the shows having some sort of contest? If so that should have put BFO up on the top.
Just a side note, Hugh Jackman gives 500% everytime he is on that stage. He is well worth the visit. I like the show but I'm not sure once he leaves how long it will run. That's just my opinion.
kec Profile Photokec Profile Photo
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Apparently there was a woman in the audience who co-wrote or wrote 9 of the songs."

Carol Bayer Sager was the woman you are talking about.

Dollypop, when Hugh was on the View, he said that some guy paid a high price (can't remember if it was $500 or $1000) to kiss him. Hugh was surprised to see the guy later walking out of the theatre with his girlfriend. re: re: re: re: Boy From Oz Actors Equity fights aids fundraising has begun
BoxOfficeJon Profile PhotoBoxOfficeJon Profile Photo
BoxOfficeJon
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That is great that people can offer that kind of money. I wish I had that kind of money to do it.
Maybe they should auction the kiss for a little cheaper. Boy From Oz Actors Equity fights aids fundraising has begun

I always buy the poster that is signed however.
...this is wrong on so many levels... Diane Lane in "Must Love Dogs" "If you have poo, now is the time to fling it" -- The Monkey's from Madagascar
PigletH13 Profile PhotoPigletH13 Profile Photo
PigletH13
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Any clue as to how much the signed CD was? And they have been doing the fundraising for about 2 weeks now. And doing quite well, I might add! :)

Piglet
addition to the serenity prayer: Help me hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they pissed me off!!! :-)
Hank
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw that too last weekend and I was amazed. But then everthing seemed a bit pricey at Oz. The signed posters went for $100, Millies were $50. Hey, if it goes to BC/EFA, then I'm all for it, but if they made the prices a little more reasonable maybe a lot more of us would go for it. Two years ago I paid $20 for a polaroid with the 3 divas in costume from Mamma Mia. The Boy From Oz had the same photo op for a hell of a lot more. What gives? This seems to be a high roller show, after Broadway they should cincider a Las Vegas run.