Page: 1

HOMEWORK HELP ASAP!

MyNameInLights Profile PhotoMyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HOMEWORK HELP ASAP!#0
Posted: 3/15/04 at 10:33pm
I'm doing a report on Stephen Sondheim... is he married? This is the only information I need. Thanks in advance!
"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: HOMEWORK HELP ASAP!#1
Posted: 3/15/04 at 10:42pm
No. He is not.

Jose'
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: HOMEWORK HELP ASAP!#2
Posted: 3/15/04 at 10:47pm
He had one major heterosexual crush: the wonderful actress, Lee Remick. (ANYONE CAN WHISTLE). They were very close when Sondheim was in his 30s; he wanted it to be more, but, well--he's a gay man, albeit one who didn't partner until he was in his sixties. He found love late in his life, and that true love (now over, apparently) with a much younger man inspired the emotional undercurrents in PASSION. (Per the Meryl Secrest bio, generally considered factual and not gossipy.)
"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
MyNameInLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: HOMEWORK HELP ASAP!#3
Posted: 3/15/04 at 10:48pm
Auggie, Jose, I love you dearly!
"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."
MusicMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: HOMEWORK HELP ASAP!#4
Posted: 3/15/04 at 11:39pm

Out of all the interesting things of record one could write about Sondheim or his accomplishments, why focus on his lovelife, a subjective issue at best?
joeyjoe Profile Photojoeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: HOMEWORK HELP ASAP!#5
Posted: 3/16/04 at 6:28am
maybe this homework is a personal thing... "is he married?" "no?" "then i have a chance!!!" LOL!!!

I'M KIDDING!!! i'm kidding... LOL!!!
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
oh Joey - such a smartass you are!LOL!
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!
MyNameInLights
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Okay, here's the scoop. In my careers class, we were told to do a report on someone whose career we admire. I chose Sondheim. It's not so much I wanted to know about his lovelife, because I did focus on his career. I just wanted to get some background information. So there you are MusicMan, it's not what you thought it was! And Joey... How ever did you know? re: re: re: re: re: re: re: HOMEWORK HELP ASAP!
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Forget the trashy bios and stick to his accomplishments and his professional attempts.

MusicMan is 100% correct.

Jose'
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Doogie, Doogie, Doogie, do you love me?"
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
redhotinnyc2 Profile Photoredhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Have you read the Meryl Secrest (sp?) book? It is a well written book detailing much of his professional career, along with a few personal tidbits thrown in for the trashmongers!LOL...read it if you can - Sondheim is a god.
"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!