Micky Dolenz, Face-Painting, Ice-Sculpting, Movies & More Set for WINTER'S EVE at Lincoln Square
Today, Winter's Eve at Lincoln Square, New York's largest holiday festival presented by the Lincoln Square Business Improvement District (BID), revealed the fantastic family-friendly lineup of children's entertainment and activities for its 18th annual event.
The holiday celebration is set for Monday, November 27th from 5:30PM - 9:00PM and is free to attend and open to all.
This evening of family fun will kick off with the Upper West Side's holiday tree lighting ceremony at 5:30PM at Dante Park (Broadway & 63rd Street) with Micky Dolenz, best known as the lead singer of the famed 1960's pop/rock band The Monkees, who will perform holiday classics, a few of The Monkees' top hits and help light the holiday tree live on WABC-TV. Micky will take moms and dads down memory lane as kids enjoy the fun and games.
Winter's Eve continues with more than 20 free, world-class musical performances, processional groups, dancing, strolling circus performers, face-painting, ice-sculpting, free movie screenings of A Christmas Story at the Film Society of Lincoln Center, jugglers, stilt-walkers and other street festivities that will line Broadway and fill the shops of this dynamic, cultural neighborhood.
Scroll down to find the exciting kid-friendly entertainment at New York City's most anticipated holiday festival.
Winter's Eve's Kids Central - Raymour & Flanigan (1961 Broadway at 66th Street - Secord Floor)
- Headlining Kids Central this year is Tim Kubart and the Space Cadets , a Grammy Award winning indie pop band that performs with tap dancing sidekicks. The band's show is highly interactive, musically rich and speaks to kids of all ages. In 2015, Tim won a Grammy Award for Best Children's Album and became an on-camera host of the Emmy-nominated morning show for preschoolers, "Sunny Side Up." Broadcasting from 30 Rock, some of Tim's favorite visitors include Julie Andrews, William Shatner, Astronaut Chris Hadfield, and Michelle Obama. Performing on a float at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the Music Hall of Williamsburg, at Lincoln Center, and now Lincoln Square, Tim has entertained fans and families all over the Big Apple! Tim also composes songs for Sesame Street, is completing his first picture book "Oopsie-Do," and is working on an off-Broadway show with Times Square's New Victory Theater.
- Arts & Crafts - The New Victory Theater will have two Teaching Artists on hand to teach card tricks and tricks with colorful scarves. Additionally, they will have a ticket giveaway to a Jason Bishop: Believe in Magic show and some free tote bags and playing cards. The West Side Y will offer their own tables full of engaging crafts for kids.
- There will be face painting all evening for kids at additional tables.
- Complimentary sweet treats from Magnolia Bakery will be available at Kids Central (while they last).
Tisch WNET Studios at Lincoln Center (Broadway and 66th Street)
- Kids can meet PBS Kids/THIRTEEN characters.
Film Society of Lincoln Center (Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center Amphitheater, 144 West 65th Street between Broadway & Amsterdam)
- Free screenings of Bob Clark's 1983 holiday classic A Christmas Story at the Film Society of Lincoln Center during Winter's Eve.
- Complimentary popcorn for all attendees.
Time Warner Center (10 Columbus Cir, Second Floor)
- Jack Frost: The Original Freezemeister is live on stage at 6:00PM & 6:30PM, bringing a snowstorm of comedy and skills from "The World's Fastest Holiday Medley" to an enchanting game of "Freeze". The frozen follies don't stop there - there's music, magic, audience participation, and circus skills.
- Kids can create holiday card crafts from DOROT.
- Holiday classics will be performed by Winter's Eve favorite, the LaGuardia High School Show Choir.
- Incredible ice sculpting by Okamoto Ice Studio will be featured in front of Time Warner Center.
Frey Plaza & Calabrese & Keegan Plaza (Beneath the Globe at 60th Street)
- High-energy multicultural dance troupes will perform in partnership with Dance Parade.
- Columbia University Lion Dance will perform dance forms based on kung fu all night long.
TD Ameritrade (1881 Broadway at 62nd Street)
- West Side Y Kids Company will transform the lobby and sidewalk into a musical theater with a special performance by The West Side Y Kids Company, which provides young people, ages 6-14, of all backgrounds and levels the opportunity to work with acting, dance, and musical theater professionals to develop skills in singing, acting, and dance.
TD Bank (1873 Broadway at 62nd Street)
- Children and their parents can get creative as they customize their very own holiday crafts at the TD Decorating Station. The craft activity is always a popular Winter's Eve tradition.
TD Bank Broadway (1995 Broadway 68th Street)
- Kaufman Music Center's Special Music School, the only K-12 public school for musically gifted children, will present a variety of instrumental combinations and musical styles in the festive foyer of the bank.
The Church of St Paul the Apostle (Columbus Avenue and 60th Street)
- Screening of classic movie, The Little Drummer Boy, at 6:30pm and a visit from St. Nicholas at 7:00pm.
Throughout the Neighborhood
- Throughout Lincoln Square from Time Warner Center to 70th Street, strolling circus performers, LED butterflies, processional troupes, and more will fill the streets and sidewalks entertaining all night long.
- Winter's Eve Food Tastings - Winter's Eve revelers can treat themselves to tasty dishes, savory soups, hot drinks, delectable desserts and great food to satisfy all appetites from 30 of Lincoln Square's finest restaurants and eateries (for nominal cost, $1-$4, from 5:30pm-8:30pm)!