35th Anniversary of Tremaine Dance Heads to NYC This Month
The 35th anniversary of the largest touring dance conventions arrives in town, led by the legendary Joe Tremaine, a testament to all that dance gives our society.Packed with talent, personalities and dance stars of the future, The 35th Anniversary of World-Renowned Tremaine Dance Conventions and Competitions' New York City Edition will be staged at The Grand Hyatt from Friday, July 22 to Sunday, July 24, 2016.
- DANCE! ON SITE or IN YOUR STUDIO. Share with viewers the best in class, live professional dancing competitions in Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Lyrical, Contemporary, and Musical Theatre. See the 2015 Nationals video here.
- Have your Host learn some new steps with nationally known dance stars as instructors
- Today's Dance Craze is not just a fad. It is an "emotional intelligence" builder for kids. Scientific studies abound attributing the desirable qualities of self-respect, community, peace and improved intelligence to dancing
- Annually, $350,000 in scholarships are awarded and 50,000 talented young dancers from around the country learn and compete. 2 million dancers have been a part of Tremaine Dance since its start in 1981
- Star-Studded! Famous dance industry figures attend, many connections between Joe Tremaine and dancers and stars from So You Think You Can Dance, Dancing With The Stars
Joe Tremaine, Iconic choreographer/dance educator/performer/Entrepreneur and Mentor to so many stars is widely considered "the architect" of the commercial dance world.
Over the years, Tremaine has worked with many stars including Paula Abdul, Alan Alda, Christina Applegate, Selma Blair, Carol Burnett, Cher, Jamie Lee Curtis, Cameron Diaz, Jeff Goldblum, Joel Grey, Goldie Hawn, Bob Hope, Helen Hunt, Gene Kelly, Jerry Lewis, Liza Minnelli, Mary Tyler Moore, Olivia Newton-John, Donny Osmond, Diana Ross, Barbra Streisand, John Wayne, Raquel Welch, and many others.
Tremaine Dance Conventions (TDC) "super-sized" the world of dance conventions in the '80s; became the blueprint for 100's of conventions to follow (a billion dollar industry today).
For more, visit the NYC event page on Tremaine.