Comscore
Advertisement

Commitments to close early?

AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Posted: 6/14/14 at 02:40pm
Whispers of the show possibly closing early as sales have slid and they are loosing its star to Memphis, which also is a soulful musical which will have a lot of press over the Autumn. Kinky Boots is expected to open May 2015.

Apparently Nimax are searching for a show to fill a possible gap...
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/14/14 at 07:12pm
Shame but it's had a decent run, I wonder if Guys and Dolls could transfer for a limited run.
thespian geek Profile Photothespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 6/16/14 at 09:20am
Can't really say that it's "closing early" when no closing date has been announced. But when are you thinking/hearing it may be closing?
Blethering Scot
Understudy
Understudy
Posted: 6/16/14 at 02:52pm
The rumour was september, but thats all it is a rumour.
LightsOut90
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Posted: 7/7/14 at 03:54am
its not official yet but at the stagedoor yesterday someone mentioned September 15th.
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/7/14 at 09:40am
One of the actors did?
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/7/14 at 10:16am
Close it early and get the current UK tour of Joseph and his Amaxing Dreamcoat in for Christmas.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/7/14 at 10:24am
A real shame if this is true. Absolutely loved it when I saw it last November - would definitely place it in the top half of my list of favourite shows currently playing in the West End.

I know Killian's awesome performance is one of its main selling points - and news of his departure must be a factor - but it also has a very strong and hilariously funny book. So, as I said, it's a real shame if it has not been able to sustain an audience.
THEATRE 2015: The Mikado**** Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown***** The Grand Tour**** Charlotte Bradford: The Last 7 Years (cabaret)**** Bat Boy**** City Of Angels***** Assassins***** A Little Night Music***** Jesus Christ Superstar (tour,Cardiff)**** The Goodbye Girl**** Anything Goes (tour, Wimbledon)**** She Loves Me**** Whistle Down The Wind***** Live & Acoustic**** Charles Strouse (cabaret)**** The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (Curve, Leicester)****. Miss Saigon***** Spend,Spend, Spend**** Sweeney Todd (ENO)***** News Review**** Songs From The Playground**** Apartment 40C***** Follies***** The Verb, To Love*** Portia Coughlan**** Sweeney Todd (Pie Shop)***** Closer To Heaven*** Carrie*****
thespian geek
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/11/14 at 05:45pm
Well, I don't know what gossip was happening at the stage door, but I'm going to assume the show has no immediate plans to close in September as of right now.

https://twitter.com/Scoconnor/status/487713249165844481
everythingtaboo Profile Photoeverythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/12/14 at 07:04pm
Has Killian's name done anything for Memphis sales? What is (or is there) buzz on Memphis there anyway?

Only seen clips of Commitments but I've really enjoyed Killian's alternate Ian McIntosh and would love to seem him take the role full time. If it stays open.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Save $$$ on Tickets to: