Rare CDs for sale

isle_of_musicals
Swing
Rare CDs for sale
Posted: 2/3/14 at 06:45pm
Hi all,

I;m currently selling the following and thought you folks may be interested in some rarities for your collection;

A Little Night Music - Judi Dench/Royal National Theatre recording
Spend, Spend, Spend - Barbara Dickson OLC
Children of Eden - OLC

Hopefully you should be able to follow the link and find 'em

Thanks for reading
isle_of_musicals
Swing
Rare CDs for sale
Posted: 2/3/14 at 06:48pm
I;m such a doofus...try this

www.ebay.co.uk/usr/stu.owen2012
abitoftap
Broadway Star
Rare CDs for sale
Posted: 2/5/14 at 05:09pm
Crikey!!!!...you expect to get that for the ALNM??? I might sell mine if you do.
Parsley
Featured Actor
Rare CDs for sale
Posted: 2/6/14 at 02:58am
I think he will. Years ago I had 7 cds of ALNM (i bought one for myself for the normal price of a cd and various family and friends bought me them as gifts with the "he likes musicals so let's get him a cd of a musical he has been raving about" type approach.

A couple of years ago I sold 5 of them, getting between 130 and 210 per cd. Insane, but if folk want to pay that sort of money.......
tazber
Broadway Legend
Rare CDs for sale
Posted: 2/6/14 at 08:15am
Just a suggestion regarding the Children of Eden CD:

Add to the description that it actually plays.

One of the reasons this is such a rare cd is because out of the few pressings they made, most of them would not play. They were either blank or 90% white noise over the music.

The first two I purchased were both defunct. Finally I emailed the next seller to confirm that it was playable.

....but the world goes 'round
NewSynchopation
Understudy
Rare CDs for sale
Posted: 2/6/14 at 10:45am
The issue with the 1991 cast was printed with a booklet that contained sulfur, which then oxidized with the CD, causing it to become the color bronze and rendered it unplayable.
I currently own 4 copies of the CD, including 2 that play, one that doesn't, and one that has never been opened, as well as the vinyl and cassette of the album. It's hard to find but a beautiful score.
NewSynchopation
Understudy
Rare CDs for sale
Posted: 2/6/14 at 10:47am
Also not to be rude to isle of musicals, but there are several playable copies available on the amazon uk store that ship to he US for a lot less money.
isle_of_musicals
Swing
Rare CDs for sale
Posted: 2/9/14 at 05:33pm
Hi all,

thanks for your feedback. It was much more polite than a message I received on the site telling me what an idiot I am.

Anyhow...I've reviewed my pricing on a couple of the products.

Thanks guys
Demitri2
Broadway Star
Rare CDs for sale
Posted: 2/10/14 at 02:08am
I also sold my ALNM on eBay a number of years ago for around $150 in US currency. It's the most I've ever gotten for a CD I've sold on that site. It's very much in demand and always seems to sell for big bucks.
StageStruckLad
Featured Actor
Rare CDs for sale
Posted: 2/10/14 at 03:58pm
Hello, New Yorker here lurking on your board. My understanding is that Sondheim was not happy with that recording of A Little Night Music (I can't remember why), which is why it has never been reissued.

And thanks for the warning about the Children of Eden recording. I'm going to check my copy tonight to see if it's playable!

Message Board

Menier Christmas Show? 41 Posts
ENO Musical? 3 Posts
Miss Saigon Previews 129 Posts

BWW BLOGS