Wicked - London

Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Wicked - London
Posted: 12/8/13 at 08:00am
Since Wicked has began at the Victoria Apollo in the West End, who has played the lead roles?
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda*****
Childcatcher
Understudy
Wicked - London
Posted: 12/11/13 at 07:30pm
Are you drunk ?
fingerlakessinger
Broadway Legend
Wicked - London
Posted: 12/11/13 at 10:11pm
Idina Menzel, Kerry Ellis, Alexia Khadime, Rachel Tucker, Louise Dearman and Willemijn Verkaik.
"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Wicked - London
Posted: 12/12/13 at 04:50am
In addition to the 6 Elphabas named above, there have also been a number of amazing Covers/Standbys who have played Elphaba on numerous occasions, including:
Shona White
Cassidy Janson
Ashleigh Gray
Nikki Davis-Jones
Hayley Gallivan
Jennifer Tierney

The Glindas have been:
Helen Dallimore
Dianne Pilkington
Louise Dearman
Gina Beck
Savannah Stevenson

Covers/Standbys who've played Glinda include:
Sarah Earnshaw
Chloe Taylor
Charlotte Scott
Sophie Linder-Lee
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol***** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway (cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange**** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand***** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!***** Molly Wobbly***** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)*****
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Wicked - London
Posted: 12/12/13 at 07:51am
Didn't Louise Dearman play Elphaba, did she play the role of Glinda also?

So who paired up with who in both Elphaba and Glinda?
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda*****
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Wicked - London
Posted: 12/12/13 at 08:04am
Yes, Louise is the only actress on either side of the Atlantic who has played both Glinda and Elphaba. There have been so many pairings it would be impossible to list every single example of who played opposite who.
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol***** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway (cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange**** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand***** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!***** Molly Wobbly***** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)*****
promisespromises2
Featured Actor
Wicked - London
Posted: 12/12/13 at 08:28am
Lucy Van Gasse was also the recent standby for Glinda for Gina Beck (Went to vacation in London and saw Wicked twice and both times Gina was sick and Lucy stood in for her).

Message Board

Rock You out by May? 40 Posts

BWW BLOGS