MERRILY Screenings

AddisonMizner
Broadway Star
MERRILY Screenings
Posted: 10/25/13 at 05:47am
Did anyone go and see any of the MERRILY screenings yesterday evening? I did, and thought it was a really sensitively filmed version of the production. It also highlighted tiny details that I missed when I saw it at both the Menier and the Harold Pinter. I don't want to say much more than that, as I have reviewed this production on here multiple times but just wanted to say what an excellent transition to film this has made. Here's hoping for a general release whether it be on the Digital Theatre website or (dare I hope) on DVD. MERRILY is quickly becoming one of my favourites!
Theatre 2014: Putting It Together (St. James Theatre) ***** Candide (Menier Chocolate Factory) ***** Les Miserables ** Gounod: Faust (ROH) ***** Urinetown (St. James Theatre) ***** Ades: Powder Her Face (ENO at Ambika P3) **** Pacific Overtures (Union Theatre) ***** Marry Me A Little (St. James Studio) **** Miss Saigon ****
rockyhorrorfan
Featured Actor
MERRILY Screenings
Posted: 10/25/13 at 12:21pm
I'm going to the screening on Sunday 3rd November.
Stewart A
Stand-by
MERRILY Screenings
Posted: 10/25/13 at 12:32pm
I saw the show at the Menier last December so was pleased to hear that it was getting a cinema screening. There were only about 20 people in my local cinema and two walked out before the interval, which was a relief as the guy was sat behind me and I heard him complaining several times about how bored he was. Anyway everyone else there seemed to be enjoying it and I heard positive remarks during the interval. I enjoyed seeing the show again and the performances by Mark Umbers, Damian Humbley and Jenna Russell were outstanding and even more intense seeing them so close up on the big screen. Surely there must be an Oliver going to at least one of them next year. I enjoyed hearing the score again and seeing it for a second time (and on the big screen) I picked up parts of the story that I maybe hadn't realised from seeing it on stage. I think a Digital Theatre release is likely but doubt there will be a DVD. I hope more shows get screenings at th cinema.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
MERRILY Screenings
Posted: 10/25/13 at 01:46pm
Been trying for ages to try and find some kind of details of dates and venues when this is being shown somewhere near me and have not found anything. Does anyone know where I could find out?
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz CallawayI(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch**** Dogfight***** The Return Of The Soldier**** The Dreaming**** Mamma Mia**** Dr Scroggy's War**** Les Miserables*****
karloskar2
Chorus Member
MERRILY Screenings
Posted: 10/25/13 at 02:43pm
most of the screenings are at cineworld as far as i know. check their website for local screenings.
Stewart A
Stand-by
MERRILY Screenings
Posted: 10/25/13 at 06:06pm
I think some Cineworld are showing it again on 3rd November. Showcase Cinemas are showing it too.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
MERRILY Screenings
Posted: 10/25/13 at 06:54pm
Thanks. Guess that explains why I 've not been able to find anything - don ' t have either of those cinemas near me.
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz CallawayI(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch**** Dogfight***** The Return Of The Soldier**** The Dreaming**** Mamma Mia**** Dr Scroggy's War**** Les Miserables*****
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
MERRILY Screenings
Posted: 10/27/13 at 04:55pm
Having seen it on stage at the Menier & in the West End, I struggle with the idea of seeing it in screen. I'd be interested to know what others think who've seen it both on stage & screen?
ivanhoe
Swing
MERRILY Screenings
Posted: 10/29/13 at 05:35am
I also saw it at the Menier & at the Pinter and watched it on screen yesterday.
I enjoyed it a lot, the filming is a bit heavy on close-ups, but having seen it before, it didn't bother me. I think they did a respectable job with the filming and most performances came off very natural even with extreme close-ups. It just shows how amazing this entire cast was and I'm really happy that this production has been preserved.

Of course seeing it on screen doesn't bear the same magic as seeing it live, but now's the only chance to see it on a big screen, so I'd say go see it. I can't imagine it taking anything away from your previous experiences, if anything it'll take you back to them.
promisespromises2
Broadway Star
MERRILY Screenings
Posted: 11/12/13 at 09:30pm
I was one of the ten people in our movie theatre out here in the US who saw it! I absolutely adored it, and my friend practically swooned over Mark Umbers.

Seriously I left floating on a cloud, though. I loved it and wanted to see it immediately again!

Message Board

http://www.broadwayworld.com/westend/includes/boardincluderegion.cfm

To continue, please type the characters below:

Please enable images

About this page

Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot. Why did this happen?

IP address: 68.68.101.194
Time: 2014-09-21T06:01:03Z
URL: http://www.broadwayworld.com/westend/includes/boardincluderegion.cfm

BWW BLOGS