Sunderland Empire
SUNDERLAND

15 - 27 April 2013
Bristol Hippodrome
BRISTOL

29 April - 4 May 2013
Princess Theatre
TORQUAY

Produced by David Ian who has also confirmed he will tour GHOST and already announced CATS as well as West End run of Bodyguard
Chookaburra
Swing
Really ? !!!!!!!

Oh dear that is bad news - he really was the most 'unintereting' lack lustre Tick I have ever seen (and I have seen a few!)
Most of the time looking bored and dis-interested !

Any news of a Bernadette?
sam31
Stand-by
Thats great news Priscilla is one of the best films ever and I saw the west end show a few time which I really enjoyeds. Will book for Wimbledon in March 2013 I also look forward to see Ghost the musical when it tours next year.
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
I agree Jason Donovan was definitely poor as tick.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot*****
dgjbear
Leading Actor
Why do shows still go to the Bristol Hippodrome, it's the most uncomfortable theatre, along with Cardiff's New, that I've ever been in!
DeNada
Broadway Star
Because it's a major touring venue with a good catchment area and can accommodate large scale shows, presumably. The next nearest large theatre in the South West of England is Plymouth several hours drive away, and there's no crossover between the Cardiff audience and the Bristol one.
SoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Yeah neither of us like crossing the bridge to or from Cardiff to Bristol

But yes, like other venues around the country established relationships with producers and catchment of audience means repeat business! (not matter how bad the seats!)
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
rockyhorrorfan
Featured Actor
Further dates:

MONDAY 13 – SATURDAY 18 MAY
YORK GRAND OPERA HOUSE

MONDAY 20 – SATURDAY 25 MAY
LIVERPOOL EMPIRE

MONDAY 17 – SATURDAY 29 JUNE
GLASGOW KING’S THEATRE

MONDAY 10 – SATURDAY 15 JUNE
STOKE REGENT THEATRE

MONDAY 1 – SATURDAY 13 JULY
LEEDS GRAND THEATRE

MONDAY 16 – SATURDAY 21 SEPTEMBER
WOKING NEW VICTORIA THEATRE

Jason will play Tick until 4th May. Apparently Richard Grieve will play Bernadette and one of the understudies from the London production will play Adam.
ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
The Bristol Hippodrome is one of my favourite theatres in the country. West End or otherwise.
2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia ** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels *** Urinetown ***** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3.5* Other Desert Cities **** Birdland **** The Phantom of the Opera **** Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake ***** In The Heights ***** Miss Saigon **** Clarence Darrow ***** Great Britain **** The Crucible **** The Pajama Game **** Mamma Mia *** Anna Nicole **** Barnum (UK Tour) ***** Simon Callow: The Man Jesus *****
tenorboyo Profile Photo
tenorboyo
Stand-by
You should have witnessed Donovan in action as a judge on 'I Will Survive' the talent competition shown on Ch 10 in Australia. Truly, you would swear he thinks he is Lord Olivier....i just wish someone would do him the favour of forcing him to watch himself on playback 'If i'm honest'.......'I have to say.....'
How he dared to judge these guys astounds me. Some of them are seriously talented music theatre performers.........Oy!?!

Message Board

Memphis West End 8 Posts
Hedwig 13 Posts

BWW BLOGS