They Will Never Leave Us! 'Side Show' Revival Broadway Bound

MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend

Unbelievable brilliant news!

'Side Show' is being revived as a co-production of La Jolla Playhouse and Kennedy Center in DC.
It will play La Jolla in Fall 2013 and DC in Spring 2014, with a return to Broadway being the ultimate goal.

Oscar winning screenwriter and director Bill Condon has been working with Russell & Krieger to rewrite and restructure the show and is on board as director!

Updated On: 3/10/12 at 02:36 AM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Fantastic news! AMAZING score! Krieger's music is at least on a par with Dreamgirls and Bill Russell is IMO one of the most underrated genius lyricists in the business.
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol***** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** Liz Callaway (cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange**** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand***** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!***** Molly Wobbly***** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)*****
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
GREAT GREAT GREAT NEWS! Obsessed with the cast recording. VERY excited to see how it's changed.
''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
I have the cast recording AND sorry I am not going to say what you guys want to hear on here after 3 rave comments, but...................I haven't listened to it yet, it is on the waiting list!!!!
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy*****
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Its been heavily rewritten for a recent workshop but a lot of the rewrites were heavily critisized and it looks like they may go back more to the original.

I saw a matinee of this and cancelled the show I was due to see in the evening and went back again that night.
I saw it the 3rd time 5 days later!
One of the most memorable Broadway shows I have ever seen in 30 years of going to New York!
jamiekennywicked
Broadway Legend
Does anyone know exactly what changes were made for the workshop? I know the Boss was re-written as "Sir" and his wife was written into the show or something similar.
''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

Message Board

BWW BLOGS