UK-Wide Auditions For BILLY ELLIOT in 2014
Boys should be a maximum of 5 feet with no broken voices. Tap and ballet experience is a bonus but not essential. Girls will only be seen in Newcastle as they must be from the North East and should be a maximum of 4 feet 8 inches with some ballet experience.
For further information or to arrange an audition, please email Children's Casting Director, Jessica Ronane at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your city and date in the subject box or go to billyelliotthemusical.com/auditions.
Earlier this month 13 year old Mitchell Tobin from Florida, USA became the thirty-sixth boy to play Billy Elliot in the West End, having previously played the title role in the North American touring production. He currently shares the role with Elliott Hanna (10 years old from Liverpool), Bradley Perret (11 years old from Juan les Pins, France), Redmand Rance (13 years old from Fareham, Hampshire) and Ali Rasul (13 years old from Hartlepool). Zach Atkinson (12 years old from Manchester) Zak Baker (12 years old from St Albans) and Freddie Butterfield (11 years old from West Yorkshire) currently play the role of Billy's best friend Michael and Dayna Dixon (11 years old from Newcastle upon Tyne), Demi Lee (10 years old from Middlesbrough) and Millie Thornton (11 years old from Sunderland) play Debbie. Billy Elliot the Musical , which has now been seen by nearly 9.5 million people worldwide and is the recipient of over 80 major international awards, also features a cast of young ballet girls and a tall boy and small boy.
Based on the Oscar nominated film, Billy Elliot the Musical is an inspirational story of one boy's dream to realise his ambitions against the odds. Set in the North East of England against the background of the historic 1984/85 miners' strike, Billy pursues his passion for dance in secret to avoid disapproval of his struggling family.
Billy Elliot the Musical features music by Elton John, book and lyrics by Lee Hall, is directed by Stephen Daldry with choreography by Peter Darling. The production features scenic design by Ian MacNeil, the associate director is Julian Webber, costume design is by Nicky Gillibrand, lighting design by Rick Fisher and sound design by Paul Arditti. Musical supervision and orchestrations are by Martin Koch.
Productions have been staged on Broadway, as well as in Sydney, Melbourne, Chicago, Toronto and Seoul, South Korea. The North American touring production, which began in 2010, recently finished its spectacular run with a three week August engagement in São Paulo, Brazil, the first time Billy Elliot has played in South America. Further international productions are planned including Holland and Germany.
- ANTONY AND CLEOPATRA, FIVE MILE LAKE and More Set for McCarter Theatre Center's 14-15 Season
- 2014 Athena Project Arts Festival to Feature World Premiere of GOVERNMENT ISSUED LONG JOHNS & More, 3/14-30
- Three World Premieres, Including THE COUNTRY HOUSE with Blythe Danner, Set for MTC's 2014-15 Season
- GREED to Begin Previews 3/19 at New World Stages
- CLO Cabaret Announces Cast for RING OF FIRE: THE MUSIC OF JOHNNY CASH, Running 5/22-8/17
- The Carlyle to Welcome Back Jim Caruso and Billy Stritch, 4/6-5/25
- 26 Hours of Live Performances Announced for Chance Theater's 24-Hour Chance-A-Thon, 3/22-23
- Obsidian Art Space Presents RUINED, Closes 3/22
- PIPPIN's Matthew James Thomas Up for Lead Role in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII?
- FROZEN's Robert Lopez, Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Jonathan Groff & More Will Teach at Young Actors' Theatre Camp this Summer