SUGAR DADDIES, A CHRISTMAS CAROL & More to Set for this Fall at ACT Theatre
ACT - A Contemporary Theatre announces a full calendar of fall and winter shows that cover a broad range of modern theatre. Alan Ayckbourn's Sugar Daddies kicks off the season with a dark British comedy about a young woman's entanglement with a dangerous older man; directed by theatre legend Sir Alan Ayckbourn himself. In our Central Heating Lab, where ACT partners with other Seattle groups to produce new and exciting alterNative Theatre, AZEOTROPE returns with a double-header of sex and drugs, followed by Das Fallopia bringing the ham and cheese as they make their ACT debut with the longtime Seattle hit, Ham for the Holidays. Fans of new works will have plenty to sink their teeth into with REPRESENT! Multicultural Playwrights Festival, The Construction Zone, 14/48, and the American Premiere of Re:Union a shocking tale of war, protest, and self-immolation, in partnership with Vancouver's Horseshoes and Hand Grenades Theatre and Seattle's New Century Theatre Company. ACT strives to bring lovers of bold and daring new work to the theatre as well as appeal to people's holiday spirit with the beautiful and family friendly adaption of A Christmas Carol.
The following take place between October of 2013 and January of 2014. Tickets are currently on sale at www.acttheatre.org or (206) 292-7676. All shows are included on the monthly ACTPass membership.
· SUGAR DADDIES (Allen Theatre)
· eSe Oro: CLASSICS FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF SPAIN (Bullitt Cabaret)
· WANDERLUST - 2013 ACT Theatre Annual Gala
· RED LIGHT WINTER & 25 SAINTS (Eulalie Scandiuzzi Space)
· REPRESENT!: A MULTICULTURAL PLAYWRIGHTS FESTIVAL (Various spaces)
· A CHRISTMAS CAROL (Allen Theatre)
· HAM FOR THE HOLIDAYS (Falls Theatre)
· GREAT SOUL OF RUSSIA (Bullitt Cabaret)
· 14/18: THE WORLD'S QUICKEST THEATER FESTIVAL (Falls Theatre)
· RE: UNION (Falls Theatre)
· SANDBOX RADIO- (Falls Theatre)
· CONSTRUCTION ZONE (Bullitt Cabaret)