Treharne & Price join Buckley in London premiere of Herman's Dear World

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just found out that the fabulous Katy Treharne (The Phantom Of The Opera) and golden voiced Stuart Matthew Price (Sweet Smell Of Success, Mack And Mabel, Shrek, Parade) will be joining the previously announced Betty Buckley as principals in Jerry Herman's Dear World at the Charing Cross Theatre next February/March. I'd already booked to see this on February 19th - now this news has made me even more excited about seeing it! The score is full of wonderful songs - and the vocals are going to sound awesome.
THEATRE 2016: GREY GARDENS**** SHOWBOAT (Sheffield)***** PETER PAN GOES WRONG**** FEAR AND MISERY OF THE THIRD REICH**** FUNNY GIRL**** LEGALLY BLONDE**** A STEADY RAIN**** THE MEMORY SHOW***** THE KISSING DANCE**** ANDY CAPP**** MRS HENDERSON PRESENTS**** ROADSHOW**** BAR MITZVAH BOY**** FOUR PLAY**** BAD GIRLS**** WEST END SWITCHED OFF***** ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN (Cardiff)**** ONLY THE BRAVE (Cardiff)** MISS ATOMIC BOMB**** WILL BARRATT & FRIENDS (cabaret)**** THE WAR OF THE WORLDS*** PRINCESS CARABOO**** MR STRASSEN PRESENTS (concert)**** OUT OF THIS WORLD**** FOREVER PLAID**** STARTING HERE, STARTING NOW***** THE PAINKILLER**** THE COMEDY ABOUT A BANK ROBBERY**** FIDDLER ON THE ROOF (New York)**** SHUFFLE ALONG (New York)**** SHE LOVES ME (New York)***** MY PARIS (New Haven)**** THE ROBBER BRIDEGROOM (New York)** DEAR EVAN HANSEN (New York)***** BRIGHT STAR (New York)**** TUCK EVERLASTING (New York)**** STRAIGHT (New York)**** AMERICAN PSYCHO (New York)****. WAITRESS (New York)***** CAGNEY (New York)*** ADAM GWON:THE NEW AMERICAN MUSICAL (concert, St. James Studio)**** THE GREAT AMERICAN TRAILER PARK MUSICAL**** LUCKY STIFF**** THE TOXIC AVENGER***** WEST END FEST (concert)**** SKY NEWS - THE MUSICAL**** SHOWBOAT***** FEMALE TRANSPORT (Swansea)**** THE RAILWAY CHILDREN**** BERNADETTE PETERS IN CONCERT*****. TITANIC***** THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW (Dartford, tour)**** THE THREEPENY OPERA**** THE GO BETWEEN***** I'M GETTING MY ACT TOGETHER**** THE FIX***** ALADDIN**** HALF A SIXPENCE***** BABES IN ARMS**** HOW THE OTHER HALF LOVES**** THE STRIPPER**** LIFTED(EdFringe)**** CONFESSIONS OF A JUSTIFIED SONGWRITER(EdFringe)*** I GOT SUPERPOWERS FOR MY BIRTHDAY(EdFringe)*** LOVE, LIES & TAXIDERMY(EdFringe)**** F**KING MEN (EdFringe)***** ADAM & EVE & STEVE(EdFringe)*** RED RIDING HOOD(EdFringe)**** TOMORROW MAYBE (EdFringe)**** ROSS LEADBEATER'S GREAT BRITISH SONGBOOK (EdFringe)**** THE CAT IN THE HAT(EdFringe)*** GARY BLAND: MR ROMANTIC (EdFringe)**** CHILDREN OF EDEN****
peggyb2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
I love SMP too and fancy this one but I had to google Dear World as I'd never heard of it.Heavens the plot's a bit odd isn't it!Does the music make up for it?
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's a wonderful score! It contains some of Herman's best ever songs IMO. I love the OBC recording with Angela Lansbury's amazing renditions - excited to hear Betty Buckley singing those songs!

And just read some more casting news - the brilliant Rebecca Lock (Avenue Q, Martin Guerre) will also be in the show. It just gets better and better!
THEATRE 2016: GREY GARDENS**** SHOWBOAT (Sheffield)***** PETER PAN GOES WRONG**** FEAR AND MISERY OF THE THIRD REICH**** FUNNY GIRL**** LEGALLY BLONDE**** A STEADY RAIN**** THE MEMORY SHOW***** THE KISSING DANCE**** ANDY CAPP**** MRS HENDERSON PRESENTS**** ROADSHOW**** BAR MITZVAH BOY**** FOUR PLAY**** BAD GIRLS**** WEST END SWITCHED OFF***** ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN (Cardiff)**** ONLY THE BRAVE (Cardiff)** MISS ATOMIC BOMB**** WILL BARRATT & FRIENDS (cabaret)**** THE WAR OF THE WORLDS*** PRINCESS CARABOO**** MR STRASSEN PRESENTS (concert)**** OUT OF THIS WORLD**** FOREVER PLAID**** STARTING HERE, STARTING NOW***** THE PAINKILLER**** THE COMEDY ABOUT A BANK ROBBERY**** FIDDLER ON THE ROOF (New York)**** SHUFFLE ALONG (New York)**** SHE LOVES ME (New York)***** MY PARIS (New Haven)**** THE ROBBER BRIDEGROOM (New York)** DEAR EVAN HANSEN (New York)***** BRIGHT STAR (New York)**** TUCK EVERLASTING (New York)**** STRAIGHT (New York)**** AMERICAN PSYCHO (New York)****. WAITRESS (New York)***** CAGNEY (New York)*** ADAM GWON:THE NEW AMERICAN MUSICAL (concert, St. James Studio)**** THE GREAT AMERICAN TRAILER PARK MUSICAL**** LUCKY STIFF**** THE TOXIC AVENGER***** WEST END FEST (concert)**** SKY NEWS - THE MUSICAL**** SHOWBOAT***** FEMALE TRANSPORT (Swansea)**** THE RAILWAY CHILDREN**** BERNADETTE PETERS IN CONCERT*****. TITANIC***** THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW (Dartford, tour)**** THE THREEPENY OPERA**** THE GO BETWEEN***** I'M GETTING MY ACT TOGETHER**** THE FIX***** ALADDIN**** HALF A SIXPENCE***** BABES IN ARMS**** HOW THE OTHER HALF LOVES**** THE STRIPPER**** LIFTED(EdFringe)**** CONFESSIONS OF A JUSTIFIED SONGWRITER(EdFringe)*** I GOT SUPERPOWERS FOR MY BIRTHDAY(EdFringe)*** LOVE, LIES & TAXIDERMY(EdFringe)**** F**KING MEN (EdFringe)***** ADAM & EVE & STEVE(EdFringe)*** RED RIDING HOOD(EdFringe)**** TOMORROW MAYBE (EdFringe)**** ROSS LEADBEATER'S GREAT BRITISH SONGBOOK (EdFringe)**** THE CAT IN THE HAT(EdFringe)*** GARY BLAND: MR ROMANTIC (EdFringe)**** CHILDREN OF EDEN****
rosscoe(au) Profile Photorosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How long is this due to be playing for?
Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It will play from Feb 4 to March 30.
mallardo Profile Photomallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I love SMP too and fancy this one but I had to google Dear World as I'd never heard of it.Heavens the plot's a bit odd isn't it!Does the music make up for it?"

Dear World is a musical adaptation of The Madwoman of Chaillot by Jean Giraudoux - a play that used to be much better known than it is today. There's a movie version of it with Katharine Hepburn in the title role.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!
Updated On: 12/14/12 at 03:39 AM
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wasn't planning on seeing this really, but Katy is the best Christine I have ever seen in The Phantom of the Opera, so I may have to get tickets now!
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Sewerman will be played by Paul Nicholas. Also in the cast - West End veterans Robert Meadmore & Peter Land.....
FrontRowDress Profile PhotoFrontRowDress Profile Photo
FrontRowDress
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Preview tickets reduced to 23 (from 42.50) using code DWPREVIEW at checkout.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

I LOVE YOU BECAUSE
Damascus Theatre Company
(Runs 2/10 - 2/26)
A Life
Playwrights Horizons
(Runs 9/30 - 11/13)
BIG FISH
Floyd Central High School
(Runs 9/9 - 9/11)
Aubergine
Playwrights Horizons
(Runs 8/19 - 10/2)
ADDAMS FAMILY
Deerfield High School
(Runs 3/8 - 3/11)

VIEW ALL ADD A SHOW AUDITIONS

Backstage with Richard Ridge
Cast of FUN HOME's Broadway Memories
Backstage Bite
BWW TV Exclusive: BACKSTAGE BITE with Katie Lynch and CURIOUS INCIDENT's Tyler Lea!
Turning the Tables
Binge on TURNING THE TABLES!
  Chewing the Scenery with Randy Rainbow
TV:-LuPone's Autobio - Lands EVITA!
KID CRITICS
Say Yeah to KINKY BOOTS!
BROADWAY SESSIONS
TV: Bway Kids Show Off at BROADWAY SESSIONS!