Treharne & Price join Buckley in London premiere of Herman's Dear World

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just found out that the fabulous Katy Treharne (The Phantom Of The Opera) and golden voiced Stuart Matthew Price (Sweet Smell Of Success, Mack And Mabel, Shrek, Parade) will be joining the previously announced Betty Buckley as principals in Jerry Herman's Dear World at the Charing Cross Theatre next February/March. I'd already booked to see this on February 19th - now this news has made me even more excited about seeing it! The score is full of wonderful songs - and the vocals are going to sound awesome.
THEATRE 2015: The Mikado**** Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown***** The Grand Tour**** Charlotte Bradford: The Last 7 Years (cabaret)**** Bat Boy**** City Of Angels***** Assassins***** A Little Night Music***** Jesus Christ Superstar (tour,Cardiff)**** The Goodbye Girl**** Anything Goes (tour, Wimbledon)**** She Loves Me**** Whistle Down The Wind***** Live & Acoustic**** Charles Strouse (cabaret)**** The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (Curve, Leicester)****. Miss Saigon***** Spend,Spend, Spend**** Sweeney Todd (ENO)***** News Review**** Songs From The Playground**** Apartment 40C***** Follies***** The Verb, To Love*** Portia Coughlan**** Sweeney Todd (Pie Shop)***** Closer To Heaven*** Carrie***** Little Shop Of Horrors (Colchester)***** The Theory Of Relativity***** Warhorse***** The Clockmaker's Daughter*** Elegies For Angels, Punks & Raging Queens***** Duncton Wood**** Live & Acoustic**** Dick Barton**** The Baker's Wife**** High Society***** Bend It Like Beckham**** Gypsy*****. Face The Music**** The Play That Goes Wrong***** Les Miserables***** Dusty*** I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change***** House Of Mirrors And Hearts*** American Idiot***** Gloria Onitiri Reverie***** What's It All About?***** New Beginnings, No More Thought Of Darkness**** Fully Committed (Edinburgh)***** Sunshine On Leith (Edinburgh)*** Cleansed (Edinburgh)**** Under The Ground (Edinburgh)*** The Bakewell Bake Off (Edinburgh)**** Confessional (Edinburgh)**** Urinetown (Edinburgh)*** Departures (Edinburgh)*** The Spitfire Grill ***** Aliens Love Underpants**** Pinocchio**** Prodigy***** Oliver! (Watermill)**** Kinky Boots**** Grand Hotel***** Ceili O'Connor: The Understudy - Waiting In The Wings*****
peggyb2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
I love SMP too and fancy this one but I had to google Dear World as I'd never heard of it.Heavens the plot's a bit odd isn't it!Does the music make up for it?
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It's a wonderful score! It contains some of Herman's best ever songs IMO. I love the OBC recording with Angela Lansbury's amazing renditions - excited to hear Betty Buckley singing those songs!

And just read some more casting news - the brilliant Rebecca Lock (Avenue Q, Martin Guerre) will also be in the show. It just gets better and better!
THEATRE 2015: The Mikado**** Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown***** The Grand Tour**** Charlotte Bradford: The Last 7 Years (cabaret)**** Bat Boy**** City Of Angels***** Assassins***** A Little Night Music***** Jesus Christ Superstar (tour,Cardiff)**** The Goodbye Girl**** Anything Goes (tour, Wimbledon)**** She Loves Me**** Whistle Down The Wind***** Live & Acoustic**** Charles Strouse (cabaret)**** The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (Curve, Leicester)****. Miss Saigon***** Spend,Spend, Spend**** Sweeney Todd (ENO)***** News Review**** Songs From The Playground**** Apartment 40C***** Follies***** The Verb, To Love*** Portia Coughlan**** Sweeney Todd (Pie Shop)***** Closer To Heaven*** Carrie***** Little Shop Of Horrors (Colchester)***** The Theory Of Relativity***** Warhorse***** The Clockmaker's Daughter*** Elegies For Angels, Punks & Raging Queens***** Duncton Wood**** Live & Acoustic**** Dick Barton**** The Baker's Wife**** High Society***** Bend It Like Beckham**** Gypsy*****. Face The Music**** The Play That Goes Wrong***** Les Miserables***** Dusty*** I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change***** House Of Mirrors And Hearts*** American Idiot***** Gloria Onitiri Reverie***** What's It All About?***** New Beginnings, No More Thought Of Darkness**** Fully Committed (Edinburgh)***** Sunshine On Leith (Edinburgh)*** Cleansed (Edinburgh)**** Under The Ground (Edinburgh)*** The Bakewell Bake Off (Edinburgh)**** Confessional (Edinburgh)**** Urinetown (Edinburgh)*** Departures (Edinburgh)*** The Spitfire Grill ***** Aliens Love Underpants**** Pinocchio**** Prodigy***** Oliver! (Watermill)**** Kinky Boots**** Grand Hotel***** Ceili O'Connor: The Understudy - Waiting In The Wings*****
rosscoe(au) Profile Photorosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How long is this due to be playing for?
Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It will play from Feb 4 to March 30.
mallardo Profile Photomallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I love SMP too and fancy this one but I had to google Dear World as I'd never heard of it.Heavens the plot's a bit odd isn't it!Does the music make up for it?"

Dear World is a musical adaptation of The Madwoman of Chaillot by Jean Giraudoux - a play that used to be much better known than it is today. There's a movie version of it with Katharine Hepburn in the title role.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!
Updated On: 12/14/12 at 03:39 AM
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wasn't planning on seeing this really, but Katy is the best Christine I have ever seen in The Phantom of the Opera, so I may have to get tickets now!
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Sewerman will be played by Paul Nicholas. Also in the cast - West End veterans Robert Meadmore & Peter Land.....
FrontRowDress Profile PhotoFrontRowDress Profile Photo
FrontRowDress
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Preview tickets reduced to £23 (from £42.50) using code DWPREVIEW at checkout.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Save $$$ on Tickets to: