10 ON TUESDAY with Veronica Garza
Happy Tuesday, Chicago!
BroadwayWorld Chicago brings you 10 on Tuesday, featuring artists in and around the city. This week's questionnaire participant - recent Jeff Award nominee for her duel roles in Underscore Theatre Company's Tonya and Nancy: The Rock Opera, Veronica Garza!
1) Show you first auditioned for (and did you get the part)? I think my first big audition was for Liesl in Sound of Music. They cast me as a nun instead...which is obviously more my type.
2) Where are you originally from? Pittsburgh
3) Currently working on? Pump Boys and Dinettes at Timberlake Playhouse
5) What's your dream role production? Drowsy Chaperone in DROWSY CHAPERONE!
6) Favorite post-performance haunt? Higgins on Racine! Just north of Stage 773/Theatre Wit. It's a great little dive with popcorn and frozen pizzas!
7) Living or dead, who would you drop everything to see perform? John Oliver
8) What's your greatest vice/guilty pleasure? That good pop music: Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, ARIANA!!
9) What are you currently listening to/watching/reading? American Gods. 13 Reasons Why. THE LEFTOVERS.
10) Describe the Chicago theatre community in three words: Complicated. Supportive. Tough.
Tonya and Nancy photo: Evan Hanover
Do you have a Chicago actor, dancer, choreographer, designer, musical director, or director you'd like to see featured on 10 ON TUESDAY? Let us know!