Billy bowing out this year?

Princeton Returns Profile PhotoPrinceton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy bowing out this year?#1
Posted: 1/7/13 at 11:37am
i see on the wos forum that apparantly the new cast contracts are only for 3 months, add in to that i know regional venues are being looked at/booked could that mean Billy Elliot closing this year?
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy bowing out this year?#2
Posted: 1/7/13 at 12:44pm
hen I saw the matinee 18 months ago, I was surprised how empty thge stalls were and thought then, it couldn't run much longer, the show then went on to run longer than I thought.

The show has never been on tour and ATG are always looking to fill the out of town houses,it won't be long before The jersey Boys will go on tour also.

Shame that Billy is going to close if true after such as a stellar run.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy bowing out this year?#2
Posted: 1/7/13 at 2:37pm
If it does close this year, I wonder when they'll announce as I imagine they'll need to get the final kids from the school and into performances.

It's had a great run and I imagine it'll do well on tour.
FireFingers Profile PhotoFireFingers Profile Photo
FireFingers
Stand-by
Stand-by
Billy bowing out this year?#3
Posted: 1/8/13 at 9:09am
Yes I know people who have looked at going in/gone in to audition for the show, and the contracts are indeed only 3 months. Think they are waiting until they have a rough tour put together, and then it'll go. Though I can see it doing VERY well on tour, going round and round like Blood Brothers, and Joseph.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy bowing out this year?#4
Posted: 1/8/13 at 1:25pm
I reckon it'll close in the summer or September at the latest unless the VP has something limited lined up say like Derren Brown to fill the gap.

I wonder if the Victoria Palace will look for another show or perhaps as has been suggested, fasttrack the redevelopment of the theatre and have it dark until next year and reopen with a new show,
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy bowing out this year?#5
Posted: 1/8/13 at 4:38pm
sn't Finding Neverland linked to The Victoria Palace as well as every other theatre in London?
theatrepaul Profile Phototheatrepaul Profile Photo
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Billy bowing out this year?#6
Posted: 1/9/13 at 5:29pm
I'd like to see it get to 10 years in London, it deserves that accolade. What I'm reading, it seems questionable though Billy bowing out this year? Shame, as from the crop of musicals currently running in the West End, it's miles better than anything else.

If and when it does close, I'm sure a national tour would be a huge success and as mentioned already, could become a regular fixture on the touring circuit like Blood Brothers.

SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Billy bowing out this year?#7
Posted: 1/10/13 at 4:23am
It's a shame it doesn't quite get to the 10 years mark (if this speculation is true) I only hope they pull off some good marketing so it goes out on a high of full houses. It'll have a fantastic tour though.
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Save $$$ on Tickets to: