TODAY Scores Ratings Gold for Second Straight Week
Based on Nielsen national fast program ratings for last week (Monday, February 17 - Friday, February 21), NBC's TODAY has scored ratings gold once again with live broadcasts from Olympic Park in Sochi. TODAY averaged 5.866 million total viewers, topping GMA's 5.588 million by +5% (+278,000 viewers), which is a larger advantage over GMA than the first week of the Winter Olympic Games. In the key demo A25-54, TODAY averaged 2.317 million viewers, +7% (+145,000 viewers) more than GMA's 2.172 million. This marks the second straight week TODAY has been the number-one morning program.
Versus its pre-Olympics 1Q average, TODAY massively grew its total viewer gap with GMA by 141%, and its A25-54 viewer gap by 183%. TODAY also grew both its total viewer and key demo overall deliveries.
TODAY Highlights for the week of February 17-21, 2014:
TODAY averaged 5.866 million total viewers, topping GMA's 5.588 million by +5% (+278,000)
· TODAY's P2+ advantage is wider than Olympic week #1's official finals (+3%, or +165,000)
· TODAY's total viewer gap versus GMA grew by 141% versus the pre-Olympics 1Q'14 average (TODAY won the week by +278k, trailed by -678k in 1Q before Olympics)
· TODAY is on pace to post second-highest weekly P2+ delivery since London Olympics
· Sochi week #2 total viewer delivery is up +11% from TODAY's pre-Olympics 1Q'14 average
TODAY averaged 2.317 million A25-54 viewers, +7% (+145,000) ahead of GMA's 2.172 million
· TODAY improved its A25-54 gap versus GMA by 183% compared to the pre-Olympics 1Q'14 average (TODAY led by +145k this week, trailed by -175k during 1Q'14 pre-Olympics)
· TODAY has grown +6% more than TODAY's pre-Olympics 1Q'14 average