THE VIEW's Barbara Walters Breaks Silence on Recent Co-Host Shakeup!
|Scoop: THE VIEW - Week of 3/2 on ABC|
February 27, 2015
|THE VIEW Draws 3.1 Total Million Viewers, Week of 2/6|
February 26, 2015
|Scoop: THE VIEW on ABC - Week of March 2, 2015|
February 26, 2015
|Scoop: THE VIEW - Week of 1/5 on ABC|
December 19, 2014
|Related: THE VIEW|
Barbara Walters spoke publically for the first time about the recent shake up news of the long-running ABC morning talker THE VIEW. The jounralist spoke with "Extra's" AJ Calloway at the NYC premiere of "A Long Way Down." Check out the interview below!
"I don't know... I'm not sure. I know 'The View' will continue," said Walters when asked about the future of the show, adding, "I don't think we have a new direction, yet. I think we have time."
Last week it was announced that The View co-hosts Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy would be departing the long-running talk show. A source told FOX411 that network execs were attempting to lure back Rosie O'Donnell, who left the show in 2007. "The network executives really wanted Rosie back," an insider told the site. "They're confident she has what it takes to add some controversy and drive the ratings up. It is a smart fit."
Today, the New York Post reported that sources say ABC is considering the idea of bringing in a rotating cast of Broadway stars, such as Idina Menzel or Bernadette Peters, in order to add more performances to the show. In addition, the network has extended an offer to Mario Cantone to join the cast. Should he accept, it will mark the first time a man has been offered a full-time position with the show.
According to an ABC rep, "Any specific names at this point are rumor and speculation. No decision has been made, and we are not to ready to make any announcements."
Contrary to initial reports, View executive producer Bill Geddie will remain with the show. Sources told the Post in April that ABC had signed him to a new contract to keep him "for the foreseeable future."