NBC NIGHTLY NEWS Tops Competition in Total Viewers
"NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" was America's most-watched newscast for the week ending May 9, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data. The NBC broadcast led the competition in total viewers and all key demos.
Nightly has held the top position in total viewers for 243 consecutive weeks, in rating Adults 25-54 for 288 consecutive weeks, and in rating Adults 18-49 for 300 consecutive weeks.
Versus the same week last season, Nightly increased its delivery in total viewers (+1%, or +62,000). Season-to-date, Nightly is posting its biggest total viewer audience (9.308 million) since the 2005-06 season and its largest advantage over ABC (+1.115 million) since the 2009-10 season.
Nightly continues to demonstrate the largest total viewer growth this season among the evening newscasts, gaining +576,000 viewers (+7%) versus the same period last season and widening its lead over ABC by +41%.
Nightly is also the only evening newscast to post a season-to-date gain among A18-29 viewers (+2%) versus last season. ABC is down -1% year-over-year while CBS is down -4%.
· Nightly averaged 8.231 million viewers, +877,000 viewers (+12%) over ABC's 7.354 million and +1,973,000 viewers (+32%) over CBS's 6.258 million.
· Nightly averaged a 5.6/12 Household rating, ahead of ABC's 4.9/10 and CBS' 4.3/9.
· Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 1.901 million A25-54 viewers, +18,000 viewers ahead of ABC's 1.883 million (+1%) and +431,000 viewers (+29%) ahead of CBS's 1.470 million.
· Nightly delivered a 1.6 A25-54 rating, tied for #1 with ABC and +4 tenths more than CBS's 1.2 rating.
· Among A18-49 (000), Nightly averaged 1.470 million, leading ABC by +198,000 (+16%) and CBS by +491,000 (+50%).
· Nightly delivered a 1.2 A18-49 rating, +2 tenths more than ABC and +4 tenths more than CBS.
· Nightly has won in total viewers for 243 consecutive weeks, and in 290 of the past 291 weeks.
· Nightly has been #1 in A25-54 rating for 288 consecutive weeks.
· Nightly has been #1 in A18-49 rating for 300 consecutive weeks.
Patrick Burkey is the executive producer of "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams." For more news and information, go to www.nbcnightlynews.com, Facebook.com/NBCNightlyNews, or follow on Twitter @nbcnightlynews.