"NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" continued as America's most-watched network evening newscast in both total viewers and adults 25-54 for the week ending November 8, 2013, according to Nielsen Media Research data. The NBC broadcast topped ABC by nearly 1.2 million total viewers - its best total viewer advantage in five months. Nightly has won in total viewers for 217 consecutive weeks, and in 264 of the past 265 weeks.
Compared to the same week last year, Nightly posted gains in total viewers (9.252 million vs. 9.097 million), while ABC declined (8.060 million vs. 8.323 million). Season-to-date, Nightly is posting its biggest total viewer audience (8.518 million) to start a season since 2006 and its best advantage over ABC (+828,000) since 2005.
· Nightly delivered 9.252 million total viewers, +1,192,000 more than ABC World News' 8.060 million and +1,887,000 more than CBS Evening News' 7.365 million.
· Week-to-week, Nightly widened its total viewer advantage over ABC (+1,192,000 vs. +851,000).
· This marks Nightly's best total viewer delivery since the week of April 15, 2013 and best total viewer advantage over ABC since the week of June 10, 2013.
· Nightly averaged a 6.1/11 Household rating, ahead of ABC's 5.5/10 and CBS' 4.9/9.
· Nightly delivered a 1.9 A25-54 rating, +2 tenths ahead of ABC's 1.7 and +4 tenths more than CBS's 1.5 rating.
· This marks Nightly's best A25-54 rating in five weeks.
· Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 2.325 million viewers, +268,000 ahead of World News' 2.057 million, and +530,000 ahead of Evening News' 1.795 million.
· This marks Nightly's best A25-54 viewer deliver since the week of April 15, 2013, and best advantage over ABC in four weeks.
· Nightly has won in total viewers for 217 consecutive weeks, and in 264 of the past 265 weeks.
· Nightly has won in viewers A25-54 for 258 of the past 259 weeks.
NOTE: This was the first week of Daylight Standard Time when, historically, viewing levels tend to increase.
Patrick Burkey is the executive producer of "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams." For more news and information, go to www.nbcnightlynews.com, Facebook.com/NBCNightlyNews, or follow on Twitter @nbcnightlynews.