HOUSE OF CARDS Season 1 Director's Commentary Now Live Exclusively on Netflix
|Scoop: THE 100 on THE CW - Wednesday, August 13, 2014|
July 24, 2014
|HISTORY to Premiere Two-Night Miniseries HOUDINI Starring Adrien Brody, 9/1|
July 21, 2014
|Photo Flash: Dominic West, Ruth Wilson, Maura Tierney, Joshua Jackson and More at THE AFFAIR's 2014 TCA Summer Tour|
July 18, 2014
|Scoop: TODAY on NBC - Week of July 21, 2014|
July 18, 2014
|Related: HOUSE OF CARDS, Netflix|
Starting today, director's commentary on the Emmy(R) Award-winning and Golden Globe(R) nominated first season of HOUSE OF CARDS is available exclusively for members in all territories where Netflix is available.
· Audio commentary from all six season one directors, including: David Fincher ("The Social Network"), James Foley ("Glengarry Glen Ross"), Joel Schumacher ("Falling Down"), Charles McDougall ("The Good Wife"), Carl Franklin ("Homeland") and Allen Coulter ("The Sopranos"), is featured. Directory commentary is available as an option on the subtitle and alternate audio preference on Netflix.
· The first season of HOUSE OF CARDS, from executive producer and Academy Award(R) nominated screenwriter Beau Willimon, stars Academy Award(R) winner Kevin Spacey ("Horrible Bosses," "American Beauty," "The Usual Suspects"), Golden Globe(R) nominee Robin Wright ("The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," "Forrest Gump") and Kate Mara ("American Horror Story") and is based on the BBC miniseries of the same name. This wicked political drama slithers beneath the curtain and through the back halls of greed, sex, love and corruption in modern Washington D.C. An uncompromising exploration of power, ambition and the American way, the series orbits Francis Underwood (Spacey), the House Majority Whip. Underwood is the politician's politician - masterful, beguiling, charismatic and ruthless. He and his equally ambitious wife Claire (Wright) stop at nothing to ensure their ascendancy. In addition to Spacey, Wright and Mara, the series also stars Golden Globe(R) nominee Corey Stoll ("Midnight in Paris"), Michael Kelly ("The Adjustment Bureau"), Kristen Connolly ("The Cabin in the Woods") and Sakina Jaffrey ("Definitely Maybe").
· Recognized by AFI as one of the Top 10 Programs of the Year, the Telegraph (UK) lauded HOUSE OF CARDS as "the most remarkable new television drama of the year," while the Philadelphia Inquirer hailed the show "a fascinating, first-class political thriller" and Entertainment Weekly described it as "deliciously bingeable."
· The second season (13-episodes) of HOUSE OF CARDS will premiere Friday, February 14, 2014.
· For additional information on HOUSE OF CARDS, go to: facebook.com/houseofcards, @HouseOfCards, houseofcards.tumblr.com or netflix.com/houseofcards.