Disney Publishing to Present THE CHEW: A YEAR OF CELEBRATIONS
|Scoop: THE CHEW on ABC - Week of September 29, 2014|
September 26, 2014
|First Lady Michelle Obama to Make First Appearance on ABC's THE CHEW, 10/3|
September 26, 2014
|Scoop: THE CHEW on ABC - Week of September 22, 2014|
September 19, 2014
|ABC Orders Mark Burnett Game Show 500 QUESTIONS Direct to Series|
September 18, 2014
|Related: THE CHEW, ABC|
You are cordially invited by the hosts of ABC's "The Chew" to celebrate the arrival of their brand new cookbook and all-around guide to the good life, The Chew: A Year of Celebrations (Kingswell; ISBN 978-1-4847-11088; 9/23/2014; $19.99), featuring recipes, crafts, and tips on decorating and hosting-for the holidays and special occasions throughout the year.
Following the success of their bestselling The Chew: Food. Life. Fun. and The Chew: What's for Dinner?, this all-new collection captures once again the show's trademark warmth and humor, with lively graphics, inspiring photographs, mouth-watering recipes, and practical advice to make every celebration better, fuller, and more fun.
From Easter to the Fourth of July, Halloween to Hanukkah-and the weddings, anniversaries, showers, game days, awards nights, and other special events in between-no occasion goes un-celebrated as Mario, Michael, Carla, Clinton, and Daphne share their favorite dishes and entertaining advice, featuring:
• Trick or Treat Mac and Cheese (secret ingredient: pumpkin!) with Caramel Apples, Psycho-ritas (inspired by the Hitchcock classic), and homemade slime
• Labor Day Picnic with Blueberry Pucker Bars, Sparkling Basil Lemonade, and Daphne's homemade (non-toxic) bug spray
• Valentine's Day Coq au Vin with Espresso Crème Brulee
• Christmas dinner featuring Roasted Pork Loin with Cranberries, Mistletoe Bellinis (secret ingredient: fresh thyme), and gift jars of hot cocoa mix, spiced with cardamom and chipotle powder
• Hanukkah Beet and Potato Pancakes with gelt made of...chocolate!
• Easter treats, including Chickpea Bruschetta with Shaved Vegetable Salad, Moscow Mules with Ginger Beer, and silk-dyed eggs
• Mother's Day gifts, including the Perfect Mom-osa (spiked with elderberry liqueur), croissants the kids make themselves, and pressed flower cards
• A Thanksgiving feast crowned by Turkey with Grapefruit and Tapenade and Wild Rice Stuffing...and don't forget the homemade glitter gourd tea light holders!
• Game Day featuring Slam Dunk Punch and Bloody Mary Sliders
• Oscar Night with Oysters Rockefeller (co-starring anise and clove)
• New Year's Eve dinner with Beef Wellington, Citrus Upside Down Cake, and cups of Blood Orange Punch until the kissing begins! ...and much more! Whatever traditions, holidays, and occasions you celebrate, The Chew: A Year of Celebrations will help you make the most of your favorites by creating excellent food, ambiance, and memories. Let the merrymaking begin!
About the Authors:
Appearing daily on the ABC Television Network, The Chew is an innovative and groundbreaking daytime series co-hosted by a dynamic group of engaging, fun, relatable experts in food, lifestyle, and entertaining. The Chew serves up everything food-from cooking and home entertaining to food trends, restaurants, holidays, and more-all aimed at making life better, fuller, and more fun. The hosts of the show-all contributors to the book-are Celebrity Chefs Mario Batali, Michael Symon, and Carla Hall; entertaining and fashion expert Clinton Kelly; and health and wellness enthusiast Daphne Oz.