Top Tracks & Albums: Lorde Takes Over iTunes, Week Ending 10/6
iTunes has become the most comprehensive, streamlined way to purchase music, and BWW Music has rounded up the most popular tracks and albums on the digital marketplace for the week ending Oct. 6.
Lorde took over iTunes this week, with ROYALS holding on to the top spot on the singles chart, and PURE HEROIN, her debut, topping the album chart.
Katy Perry's ROAR held on to the second singles spot with Miley Cyrus' WRECKING BALL staying strong in the third spot.
On the albums side of things, Drake's NOTHING WAS THE SAME dropped to number two, with Justin Timberlake's THE 20/20 EXPERIENCE - 2 OF 2, rounding out the top three.
Top 10 Best Selling iTunes Songs
1) ROYALS - Lorde
2) ROAR - Katy Perry
3) WRECKING BALL - Miley Cyrus
4) WAKE ME UP - Avicii
5) HOLD ON, WE'RE GOING HOME (Feat. Majid Jordan) - Drake
6) APPLAUSE - Lady Gaga
7) THE FOX - Ylvis
8) BERZERK - Eminem
9) HOLY GRAIL (Feat. Justin Timberlake) - Jay Z
10) WORK B**ch - Britney Spears
Top 10 Best Selling iTunes Albums
1) PURE HEROIN - Lorde
2) NOTHING WAS THE SAME - Drake
3) THE 20/20 EXPERIENCE - 2 OF 2 - Justin Timberlake
4) BANGERZ (Deluxe Edition) - Miley Cyrus
5) DAYS ARE GONE - HAIM
6) MECHANICAL BULL (Deluxe Edition) - Kings of Leon
7) TRUE - Avicii
8) CRASH MY PARTY - Luke Bryan
9) FROM HERE TO NOW TO YOU - Jack Johnson
10) PRISM (Deluxe) - Katy Perry