Paul Taylor Dance and Dorrance Dance Join 2014 Hudson Valley Dance Festival Lineup; Kicks Off 10/11
Hudson Valley Dance Festival, a stunning display of world-class dance, will return to the Historic Catskill Point in Catskill, NY, for its second edition on Saturday, October 11, 2014. The event is produced by and benefits Dancers Responding to AIDS, a program of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
After a sold-out inaugural performance last year that raised an impressive $76,950 for those most vulnerable among us, Dancers Responding to AIDS will once again transform Catskill Point's 115-year-old wooden warehouse into a modern-day dance venue, complete with raised seating for 350.
This year's Hudson Valley Dance Festival (#hvdance) program will include:
- Dorrance Dance, pushing the boundaries of tap rhythmically, aesthetically and conceptually with a solo performance by Artistic Director Michelle Dorrance
- Gallim Dance, showcasing its fearless physicality and pure imagination in Pupil Suite, choreographed by Artistic Director and 2014 Guggenheim Fellow Andrea Miller
- KEIGWIN + COMPANY, presenting one of founder Larry Keigwin's signature dances, Mattress Suite, which delights and explores various romantic entanglements
- Paul Taylor Dance Company, featuring 16 dancers examining a kaleidoscope of emotions in Promethean Fire, one of Taylor's best dances of the 21st century
- Pontus Lidberg Dance, performing the inspiring Faune using fluid movement to match Claude Debussy's sensuous score in a quest for identity and acceptance
Hudson Valley Dance Festival will feature one performance only, beginning at 5 pm at the Historic Catskill Point, 1 Main Street in Catskill, NY. Ticket prices range from $40-$250. Tickets are available online now at dradance.org or by calling 212.840.0770, ext. 229.