Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Announces Holiday Concert Series
The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra (ASO) is always proud to bring live music into the lives of its community, and the coming holiday season will be no different. From Pops to Gospel and Celtic Woman, to the family-favorite Kid's Christmas and traditional Messiah and "Christmas with the ASO," there is a live holiday music experience for everyone. Seven holiday programs will make up this year's 2013 Coca-Cola Holiday Concerts series, December 5-31, 2013.
- December 5, 2013, 8:00 p.m. and December 7, 2013, 2:00 p.m.- Handel's Messiah: ASO Director of Choruses Norman Mackenzie conducts the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chamber Chorus in Part II of Bach's Christmas Oratorio and Part I of Handel's Messiah. The performance will feature soprano Jeanine De Bique, mezzo-soprano Kelley O'Connor, tenor Thomas Glenn, and bass Gerard Sundberg.
- December 8, 2013, 7:00 p.m. - "ASO Gospel Christmas": The powerhouse Atlanta Gospel Singers and Atlanta Symphony Orchestra lift your spirit and rock your soul in an inspiring program of modern and traditional selections led by Vincent Danner.
- December 13 and 14, 2013, 8:00 p.m., and December 14, 2013, 2:00 p.m. (three performances) - "Christmas with the ASO": For more than five decades, these classic concerts have featured the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chorus, Morehouse College Glee Club, and Gwinnett Young Singers, conducted by Norman Mackenzie. Capture the spirit of the holidays with the Orchestra's iconic story of Christmas, created by the legendary Robert Shaw.
- December 15, 2013, 1:30 and 3:30 p.m. - ASO Kid's Christmas": This "pops-style" concert features a lively collection of every kid's favorite Christmas music. Conductor Jere Flint and narrator John Lemley lead the Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra and audience in hand-clapping sing-a-longs, special guest performances, and a finale featuring everyone's favorite jolly elf. This concert is the perfect way for families to dive into the Christmas spirit!
- December 19 and 20, 2013, 8:00 p.m. and December 21, 2013, 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. (four performances) - "A Very Merry Holiday Pops": Michael Krajewski conducts this annual anything-goes holiday variety show stars the Orchestra, vocalist Liz Callaway, a gleeful youth chorus comprised of Atlanta's finest high school vocalists, the season's merriest songs, and a jitterbugging Santa.
- December 22, 2013, 8:00 p.m. - "Celtic Woman: Home For Christmas": Celtic Woman is back, and only with your Orchestra in a one-night only exclusive performance. The group, comprised of five Irish women, performs a repertoire that ranges from traditional Celtic tunes to modern songs.
- December 31, 2013, 8:00 p.m. - "ASO New Year's Eve": Ring in the New Year at Symphony Hall with Conductor Jack Everly and the Orchestra. They will be joined by vocalist Judy McLane and Pianist Michael Chertock.
All concerts will take place in Atlanta Symphony Hall at the Woodruff Arts Center. Additional concert details are available at www.aso.org.