13 THE MUSICAL Coming to the Big Screen

Thparkaly
Understudy
So thrilled about this. And surprised and happy to see Bert V. Royal attached. I trust this will be very good if it has the same tone as Easy A.
http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Jason-Robert-Browns-13-THE-MUSICAL-Coming-to-the-Big-Screen-20140812
Upcoming: Beethoven - Dog Sees God Recently: Into The Woods ASM, Spring Awakening Conductor/Piano/Ensemble/u/s Otto. #interlochen
tazber
Broadway Legend
Everyone here pretty much hated this show, so I guess this would qualify as a guilty pleasure for me.

I adore the show and love the score.

....but the world goes 'round
AKarp2013
Featured Actor
I had no problem with the score, I enjoy a number of the songs on the cast recording but found the book to be awfully trite and banal. But I enjoy Bert V. Royal's work though, I found his screenplay for "Easy A" to be very well written so I'm hopeful about this.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
My favorite part of this show was when it was over and I didn't have to watch it anymore.
BroadwayNYC2
Featured Actor
13/Heathers double feature!
newintown
Broadway Legend
My favorite part was also when Jordan didn't have to watch it anymore.
AddisonMizner
Broadway Star
This is very good news for me. I have never seen the show, so I don't know how it works in context, but I love the score. I love Jason's music full stop!
Theatre 2014: Putting It Together (St. James Theatre) ***** Candide (Menier Chocolate Factory) ***** Les Miserables ** Gounod: Faust (ROH) ***** Urinetown (St. James Theatre) ***** Ades: Powder Her Face (ENO at Ambika P3) **** Pacific Overtures (Union Theatre) ***** Marry Me A Little (St. James Studio) **** Miss Saigon ****
Liza's Headband
Broadway Legend
Then you should just listen to the OCR and leave it there. 13 THE MUSICAL features one of the most atrocious books I think I've ever seen played out on a stage before.
AKarp2013
Featured Actor
^^Oh, the book was hideous. I'm confident Royal can beef it up.
South Fl Marc
Broadway Legend
What an interesting concept, make flop musicals into movies before doing something worthy. I still want the wasted time back I spent watching that dreck.
Now living in DC. I really have to change my name on the board.
AKarp2013
Featured Actor
"What an interesting concept, make flop musicals into movies before doing something worthy."

Isn't Kathie Lee doing that for Scandalous?
mjohnson2
Broadway Star
The link is broken, would anybody care to fill me in on the details of the article?
Anything regarding shows stated by this account is an attempt to convey opinion and not fact.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
I know Bert and thst man will do a great job with bringing this to the screen and sorting the book out.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Liza's Headband
Broadway Legend
And by "sorting," I hope you mean rewriting...
Musical Master
Broadway Star
I was hoping that we get a FOLLIES film first before 13 THE MUSICAL did, but since the writer of EASY A is involved, it does have a chance to be much better than the show. Some of the songs are good but the story and characters are politely pedestrian at best.