Comscore

Stunning Trailer of Miss Saigon Revival

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
Broadway Star
bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
This production looks absolutely glorious in every way. The trailer is a work of art in and of itself too.
"Theres nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
That looks fantastic! I hope I get a chance to see it.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
SomeOtherMe
Understudy
Stunning is right. Here's to hoping this makes a swift transfer to Broadway.
ggersten
Broadway Legend
If I hadn't seen this twice in London - and now back across the Atlantic in the US of A - this video would make me buy a ticket.

(Oh, and this production, albeit not perfect, is spectacular)
Tag Profile Photo
Tag
Broadway Legend
Whoever directed and produced that trailer should be doing every single Broadway promo video from now on.
ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
Broadway Star
WOW that really was beautiful.
beilis32
Swing
Oh my goodness yes! Now I want to see this so badly! The trailer looks like it's for a movie!
SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
Broadway Star
I want to see it NOW ! [with the redhead spunk].
ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
Broadway Legend
Any chance this could come to the US? After all The Palace just opened up.
Eurotrash Profile Photo
Eurotrash
Understudy
Just brilliant.

European pop-operas are, and will remain, the hottest tickets in town.

More, please.

Why don't you go? Why don't you leave Manderley? He doesn't need you... he's got his memories. He doesn't love you, he wants to be alone again with her. You've nothing to stay for. You've nothing to live for really, have you?
showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
Broadway Star
I would spend some of my college funds to see this.... this trailer is powerful.
Huey's Pop Profile Photo
Huey's Pop
Stand-by
Amazing. Sure hope this version comes here (Los Angeles).
jimmycurry01 Profile Photo
jimmycurry01
Broadway Legend
I have to admit, I had the urge to applaud at the end of the trailer. Fortunately I caught myself before appearing foolish.
doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
That Eva Noblezada is stunning!
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
Broadway Legend
I have to agree that is one of the best commercial trailers I have seen for a theater musical in a very, very, veeeery long time!
DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Between that and the On the Town promo makes me hopeful that more shows will begin to do this.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
Leading Actor
WOW!
jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
Broadway Legend
HOW is this still not a movie? This promo just highlights how completely cinematic the show is... It's definitely the most movie-like and "modern" of all the big pop-opera/mega-muscial hits. Baffling.
broadwaysarahelaine
Swing
So is this coming to broadway?!?! Please god say yes
sparepart973
Featured Actor
The trailer IS beautiful, which is probably why it took such a long time to produce (whereas other musicals tend to chug out their trailers rather quickly). The production, however, although brilliantly directed, isn't as "grand" as the trailer makes it look.
best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
A first rate trailer. The cast all looks great!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (having seen them both) ... I liked Miss Saigon better than Les Miz.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3
lotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
Leading Actor
It's a great trailer.
But having now seen this production twice. Unlike the original production, I found it suffers from the usual CamMac problem. It's over produced. It's only designed for people who know the score. Their is so much going on in the background, I thought it detracted from the intensity of the score. I know the score, inside out. But the people I went with, who didn't. Found most of it, difficult to follow.
Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
Leading Actor
"HOW is this still not a movie? This promo just highlights how completely cinematic the show is... It's definitely the most movie-like and "modern" of all the big pop-opera/mega-muscial hits. Baffling."

After Les Miserables came out, Cameron Mackintosh said that he didn't want to make another movie right away as he had found filmmaking to be a bit more time consuming, plus I think with the time he has now, he should probably be getting Miss Saigon back onto the public's radar in order to gain enough interest in a film version.
Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
Leading Actor
"Any chance this could come to the US? After all The Palace just opened up."

Cameron Mackintosh normally has a better relationship with the Shuberts Organization, so I wouldn't put my money on a Nederlander theatre just yet.

Updated On: 7/16/14 at 08:01 AM

Page: