Hellen Mirren Is Broadway-Bound With

Patti LuPone FANatic
Broadway Legend
How wonderful!
The Audience
Susan Haskins (Theatre Talk): "I love children. That's why I work with Michael (Riedel)."
Reginald Tresilian
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/10/14 at 09:28pm
Can't wait.
dreaming
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/10/14 at 11:21pm
I wonder what theater they'll take. They don't seem to have that information yet.

I've hoped this would happen for awhile...Helen...Mirren! YAY!
oncemorewithfeeling2
Featured Actor
Posted: 7/11/14 at 12:04am
Broadway.com said it's going to be at a Shubert theater, so we can use that to start guesses.
skylight2
Understudy
Posted: 7/11/14 at 12:13am
Impending Best Actress in a Play Tony winner.

If she wins the Tony, her awards would have come from playing Elizabeth I & II

Emmy - Elizabeth I (among her other Emmys)
Oscar - Elizabeth II
Updated On: 7/11/14 at 12:13 AM
darreyl102
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/11/14 at 05:45am
"Helen" Mirren is just wonderful in all aspects! I have the TV Airing of the London Production of The Audience so seeing this live will be a trill!
Darreyl with an L!
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/11/14 at 10:08am
If it's a February opening then I'd guess The Schoenfeld since It's Only a Play is only booking until January.
WickedGinger
Stand-by
Posted: 7/11/14 at 10:21am
darreyl102 - How did you get a recording of this? It was only available in UK cinemas, to my knowledge it has never been on general release.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/11/14 at 11:42am
Isn't there a problem here, The Audience opening with Helen Mirren in Spring 2015 and reported today by Riedel that Skylight with Bill Nighy, both are directed by Stephen Daltry, how can one director do two plays at once?
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III***
givesmevoice
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/11/14 at 11:51am
Isn't that what assistants are for? Plus these are both transfers, and I assume that means there isn't really a ton of directing left to do.
When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/11/14 at 11:55am
I imagine it's doable, if The Audience is planned to open in February then Skylight could open around March or April.
perfectlymarvelous
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/11/14 at 01:26pm
I mean, Kenny Leon did it just this past season (even though Holler If Ya Hear Me is technically the current season, it was directly after Raisin and I'm sure there was some overlap). Since those are both transfers I would certainly believe it's possible.
WickedGinger
Stand-by
Posted: 7/11/14 at 03:38pm
Helen Mirren almost guaranteed Best Actress Tony for this!!!
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/11/14 at 07:28pm
Ben Brantley loved her performance in London.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III***
darreyl102
Broadway Legend
Posted: 7/11/14 at 10:42pm
@ WickedGinger - Though a Trade with another Trader.
Darreyl with an L!