Comscore

THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY to Close May 18

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
Broadway Legend
Are you following BroadwayWorld.com yet on Facebook & Twitter? click here.
bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
No
"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
Leading Actor
That's sad. I really enjoyed the show a lot. I guess I can understand how it might be a tough one to sell, but still it sucks. Hopefully this doesn't hurt O'Hara and Brown's chances too much at the Tonys
quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
Broadway Legend
Bummer. I was planning to rush this on the 21st.

Ashes, ashes, they all fall down.
Kad Profile Photo
Kad
Broadway Legend
Yikes.

I hope it'll have a future life through regional productions and the cast recording.

An imperfect show, but often very beautiful.
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
As sad as it is and it is, the writing has always been on the wall.

May get a second wind in regional.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot*****
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
Broadway Legend
Saddened by this, and hope that I can see it once more.
#sadandtransparent
promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
Broadway Star
Wahhhh. I knew it was coming, but I'm still extremely upset by it!
avyrocks
Stand-by
Grabbed a front row ticket for the last performance right when I saw this. So sad.
MadsonMelo
Swing
sad but not surprising new

I hope O'Hara will be able to have a better luck with King and I.

I'm wondering what musical is gonna close from the 2013-14 season, I'm between Rocky and If/Then (depending on Idina)
GreatWhiteGay Profile Photo
GreatWhiteGay
Swing
To anyone who's gone to a closing performance of a show like this, do normal rush / TKTS standards apply? I had planned on seeing this May 18th anyway, but am contemplating coughing up the dough to buy a normal ticket.
PlayItAgain
Broadway Legend
and cue the rant from Hunter Foster....
avyrocks
Stand-by
I think normal rush/TKTS apply depending on availability. But I'm assuming the last performance will sell better so I would just pay regular price. I just bought a premium seat.
brdway411
Broadway Star
So sad. Saw it for the second time last night. It was even better last night. Planning on seeing it at least one more time before it closes.
Musicaldudepeter
Broadway Star
I think this pretty much seals the deal for Jessie Mueller's Tony.
Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
So Hunter would have no reason to be pissed?

O Hara will lose not because of her performance but because her show closed prematurely. Kinda *****

Cynicism is an unpleasant way of saying the truth - Lillian Hellman.
Updated On: 5/1/14 at 07:35 PM
brdway411
Broadway Star
Friends of mine rushed Hands On a Hardbody on closing day and got tickets. I don't think they will suspend for the last show.
musikman Profile Photo
musikman
Broadway Star
Inevitable but it still stinks, especially for its TONY chances.

Hope to go back one more time before it closes.
-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."
Rainbowhigh23 Profile Photo
Rainbowhigh23
Broadway Legend
My heart sank when I read this. I have to rush it this weekend.
bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
Broadway Legend
I suppose it could hurt the shows Tony chances, but it's closing close enough to the awards that most of the voters will still have the opportunity to see it. Does anyone know when the voting deadline is?
Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Hey Ayl

You may wind up being the only one buying a premium ticket to Bridges.
Huey's Pop Profile Photo
Huey's Pop
Stand-by
I sure hope the tour hits Los Angeles. Really want to see this show.
Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
New Yorks loss will be the rest of the countries gain.

I hope it wins Best Score Tony to kind of give the show the recognition it deserves.
Liza's Headband
Broadway Legend
Just as I was told a few weeks ago. After the lackluster showing in Tony nominations, their fate was sealed. They were already on borrowed time with two loans and a last ditch attempt to somehow find new investors.
HighFlyingAdored97 Profile Photo
HighFlyingAdored97
Stand-by
What a shame. I enjoyed this show so much. I guess it will be Jessie Mueller's year after all.
"The city seen from the Queensboro Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, in its first wild promise of all the mystery and the beauty in the world." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
Leading Actor
I found this show so boring - I'm legitimately surprised by the # of people that love it here. O.o

Sad people are losing their jobs - here's to the next!