Comscore

VELOCITY closing on Sunday

WayTooBroadway Profile Photo
WayTooBroadway
Featured Actor
Posted: 4/29/14 at 04:12pm
"When the audience comes in, it changes the temperature of what you've written." -Stephen Sondheim
ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/29/14 at 04:14pm
Ouch.
ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/29/14 at 04:22pm
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Is Estelle still out?
"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah
ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
Broadway Star
Posted: 4/29/14 at 04:23pm
What a surprise.
haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/29/14 at 04:29pm
Phew! I love Estelle, so I bought a full price ticket to this in June during the pre-sale... not knowing I was paying WAY too much at the time, heh. I'm not saying I wouldn't go, but it would have felt strange being one of the few $135 ticket holders in the room...
veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
Leading Actor
Posted: 4/29/14 at 04:30pm
I for one am shocked.

Best of luck to the cast/creative/crew on finding their next projects!
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/29/14 at 04:32pm
Be glad, Jeff. I didn't even pay to see the show and that was too much. It was 90 mins of mind-numbing chatter about nothing. Estelle wasn't even that great to me, honestly. She even called for a line 15 mins in (this was post opening).
"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah
haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/29/14 at 04:34pm
Trust me. I knew a closing notice was my only shot at a refund. Thankfully, I bought a ticket for early June, so I knew I had a good chance.
Rainbowhigh23 Profile Photo
Rainbowhigh23
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/29/14 at 04:39pm
At a performance of Natasha Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812 back in February I was seated at a table with a person who might have been a producer. He was telling another person at the table - someone not in the arts, a general contractor or something - to invest in Broadway shows. The returns are amazing! He said he was with The Velocity of Autumn - it was how I heard of the show.
Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/29/14 at 06:22pm
Hey Clyde when you get to be her age I hope you have no problem remembering things.

Cynicism is an unpleasant way of saying the truth - Lillian Hellman.
Updated On: 4/29/14 at 06:22 PM
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/29/14 at 06:57pm
'The returns are a amazing'.

True, to a certain extent, so are the debts are amazing!
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot*****
SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/29/14 at 07:26pm
Yeah Clyde, like when you put people on ignore you are not supposed to see them.
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Jason Shatz
Chorus Member
Posted: 4/29/14 at 07:26pm
So what's going into the Booth next?
frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/29/14 at 07:28pm
THE ELEPHANT MAN in the fall.
wexy Profile Photo
wexy
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/29/14 at 08:21pm
It was nice to Estelle but that was about it.
'Take me out tonight where's there's music and there's people and they're young and alive.'
Patash Profile Photo
Patash
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/14 at 07:54am
Hey, what did that mean "is Estelle still out?" I'm seeing it today. If she's not there can I get my money back and go home and nurse my miserable cold?
haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/14 at 08:54am
"Hey, what did that mean "is Estelle still out?" I'm seeing it today. If she's not there can I get my money back and go home and nurse my miserable cold?"

I believe so, she and Stephen are both above the title on the website, at least.
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/14 at 09:33am
When I asked if she was still out I'm referring to this thread stating she was out most of last week.
Estelle Out
PJPan
Understudy
Posted: 4/30/14 at 09:55am
The rumor is she will be out for the rest of the run.
Rainbowhigh23
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/14 at 10:08am
"'The returns are a amazing'. True, to a certain extent, so are the debts are amazing!"

He was giving percentages of what you can make - I was envisioning the percentage of what you can lose.

All I wanted was the menu to order the charcuterie plate and I had to listen to the whole shpiel.

Updated On: 4/30/14 at 10:08 AM
Patash Profile Photo
Patash
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/14 at 10:16am
Is there a way to find out if Estelle is out before going to the theatre?
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/14 at 10:20am
Out the rest of the run? She's going to disappoint the tens of people who are coming to see the show.
Rainbowhigh23
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/14 at 10:38am
I'm glad I got to see her during the run - she deserves the nomination.
Patash Profile Photo
Patash
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/14 at 11:40am
Just got my refund at box office for today's matinee. The agent confirmed she is out for the rest of the run.

And got a sixth row center seat for Violet at TKTS for $73. Less than my refund from the discount ticket for Autumn.
Updated On: 4/30/14 at 11:40 AM
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/14 at 11:47am
Looks like I saw her last performance in the show. I can't wait to see the grosses next week because I imagine there will be a lot of refunded tickets since she's basically the only draw.
FindingNamo Profile Photo
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/14 at 12:00pm
You can't wait for that?
'First the Bastille than the butt plug.' -- M ______

Page: