Laura Benanti and Susan Blackweel to Host Tony's 2014

Littleshopofcarrie
Broadway Star
Did anybody else see this on twitter? Laura tweeted it the other day and then some fans made it a twitter account... It will never happen but I love the idea!

Updated On: 2/10/14 at 01:15 PM
ljay889
Broadway Legend
You really need to fix this thread's subject.
#sadandtransparent
promisespromises2
Broadway Star
YES. She replied to one of my tweets when I said they should! I was cracking up. I don't even care if they host the Tonys, I just want them to make more videos together!
dreaming
Broadway Legend
I don't think so. CBS won't do that-no one knows who they are aside from those of us who post here.
I bet it'll be someone from a sit com of theirs or something. It's CBS. (If it was PBS, maybe.)
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
I vote for Jim Parsons.
Can anyone tell me how the line has been?
HBP
Broadway Star
Laura Benanti and Susan Blackwell would be hilarious. That would be a healthy gamble for CBS.
Littleshopofcarrie
Broadway Star
ljay- better?
Patti LuPone FANatic
Broadway Legend
Love Laura Benanti. I can't stand Susan Blackwell.
Susan Haskins (Theatre Talk): "I love children. That's why I work with Michael (Riedel)."
Mattbrain
Broadway Legend
Not a fan of [title of show] but I'd be into that! 'Specially Laura Benanti!
Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."
bobs3
Broadway Legend
Not a chance in hell of this happening. If they can't get a superstar -- Hugh Jackman or Nathan Lane then it will be someone from the CBS family with Broadway experience -- Robin Williams or maybe Jim Parsons & Allison Janney as co-hosts.
promisespromises2
Broadway Star
^Oh, I love Allison Janney!
bobs3
Broadway Legend
I doubt either Parsons or Janney could carry the show on their own but they would make a great team. They both have excellent comedic timing and the repartee between them would be priceless. But my first choice would be Robin Williams!
SporkGoddess
Broadway Legend
I repeat: Trey Parker and Matt Stone!
Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
HorseTears
Broadway Legend
Ha! promisespromises2 - I think you and I were talking about Benanti and Blackwell in the "NPH won't be hosting" thread. How funny that it led to this. I was certainly kidding when I mentioned it, though I think they'd be hilarious.

SporkGoddess - I love South Park and I found Book of Mormon very entertaining, but I don't think Matt and Trey are exactly host material. Would you envision them playing characters all night? Now, them writing a couple of parody numbers for the Tonys would be GREAT. Though I doubt the CBS censors could handle it.

Updated On: 2/9/14 at 02:21 PM
promisespromises2
Broadway Star
Horsetears, I thought of you as well! That's why I was cracking up!
SporkGoddess
Broadway Legend
HorseTears: I know that we haven't really seen them host anything yet, but I thought their introduction of Best Musical that one year was the best part of the night.
Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Who belongs to Tony?
"Don't patronize me, alright?" - BroadwayStar4
promisespromises2
Broadway Star
gleek4114
Broadway Star
Jon
Broadway Legend
If the plural of pony is ponies, shouldn't the plural of Tony be Tonies?
SidebySidebyLogan
Stand-by
I wish CBS would just face reality. No matter who hosts they'll have the same amount of viewers. The people who want to watch the Tony's will search them out and watch them. No one who watches How I Met Your Mother & thinks "Oh Barney is hosting an awards show for theater people? I'll totally watch that!" They had the best of both worlds with Neil and are kind of screwed if they try and go with a tv/movie star this year. The telecast has it's built in audience so trying to pander to the widest demographic really just alienates the viewers they already have. Something like Benanti and Blackwell while unapealing in a trying to court middle America way, would be great for pleasing the audience you already have.
Liza's Headband
Broadway Legend
It
Will
Never
Happen
AwesomeDanny
Broadway Legend
They're obviously not big enough names to host the Tonys, but they would be wonderful hosting the Drama Desks.
bwayobsessed
Stand-by
While I love the idea, i also find it unrealistic........what about Kristin Chenoweth?
gleek4114
Broadway Star
While Kristin would be awesome most of the TV she has done has been with other networks. But who knows! It's not like NBC can stop her. Infact if I were Kristin I would want nothing to so with a network that canceled me 3 times. Kristin would be great.
Liza's Headband
Broadway Legend
Is Kristin on any exclusive contracts right now? What was her last gig?

Page: