Comscore

How A Theatre Fan From Montreal Became A Broadway Power Broker: Adam Blanshay

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
Broadway Legend
I found this interesting article from Canada's Globe and Mail.
Adam Blanshay
Susan Haskins (Theatre Talk): "I love children. That's why I work with Michael (Riedel)."
PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
Adam is a smart and ambitious guy, exactly what you want in a young Broadway producer.

He may very well turn out to be our next David Merrick.
yr pal,
joey

Blocked so far: suestorm, Master Bates
sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
our next David Merrick

can't open the link (already used my 10 free visits to G & M)
but isn't that kinda a backhanded compliment?
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin "Happiness is up to you. You just have to understand what it is before you get it." -Elaine Stritch
Kad Profile Photo
Kad
Broadway Legend
It's a compliment. David Merrick, warts and all, is and was probably the greatest Broadway producer.
HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
Leading Actor
The article lost me at the first sentence, but hopefully Adam can steer clear of Canadian role models and accomplish some good things.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Blanchay sounds like a decent guy, JFL Theatricals is involved with many new shows like Made in Dagenham and I Can't Sing! plus plays like Ghosts and Mojo so he's working with experienced producers like Sonia Friedman, Stage Entertainment etc before he can branch out as a lead producer.