Laura Osnes

LMcC95
Understudy
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 12:14am
How long will she be playing Cinderella? I am going in April and what to see her.

Updated On: 9/4/13 at 12:14 AM
Liza's Headband
Broadway Legend
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 12:34am

loliveve
Broadway Star
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 12:44am
She's contracted to January... after that, who knows.
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 01:02am
Hopefully she stays on a bit longer. She is truly giving the performance of a lifetime in this role.
"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
Musical Master
Broadway Star
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 01:17am
She most certainly deserved the Drama Desk for her wonderful performance in Cinderella.
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 01:57am
As of now there really is no official word.
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
BroadwayGirl3
Chorus Member
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 10:04am
I know, I would LOVE to see her too; she is a joy to watch on-stage and (to me) there is no other voice I'd rather listen to. I just love listening to her CD's ;--)
Kichkinet4life
Swing
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 01:17pm
I love her to death and she is one of the most genuinely sweet actresses on the stage. I think she needs to move onto something new and perhaps a bit darker if she wants to win the Tony Award.

I LOVED her in Bonnie & Clyde. I know people had their own issues with the show, but I thought it was strong and had some of the most original music on the stage. Wildhorne will always have a place in my heart.
hanabana
Stand-by
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 01:38pm
Kichkinet4life, I completely agree with you. Laura Osnes was terrific in Bonnie & Clyde. I thought both Jeremy Jordan and her were fantastic in that show. I also love the score for that show. I prefer Laura's songs in Bonnie & Clyde as opposed to Cinderella. I'd love to see her do something new and different, although she does make a great Cinderella.
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 01:44pm
She's young and has a long career ahead of her. Give her time.
Brian07663NJ
Broadway Legend
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 02:25pm
Love Laura as Bonnie! Saw her in the role twice.
She was thrilled when I requested her autograph on the B&C CD.

Have not seen her in Cinderella.
Up next: Apr 01 Hedwig and the Angry Inch; Apr 05 Charo at RamsHead OnStage; Apr 07 Lady Gaga at Roseland Ballroom; Apr 13 Amaluna next to Citi Field; Apr 18 Disney Junior at MSG Theatre; May 06 Aladdin; May 13 Artpop Ball Lady Gaga at MSG; Jun 07 Varekai in Bridgeport, CT Jul 12 1:30pm Side Show; Jul 12 8:30pm Fantasia w/National Symphony Orchestra; Aug 16 The Visit: Williamstown Festival
SamIAm2
Featured Actor
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 04:46pm
I have been mesmerized by Laura's talent and charm since her days as a contestant on the NBC Grease reality show. I have followed her career since then, but (DISCLAIMER!) have no inside knowledge of her plans.

My best guess is that Laura will most likely move on to another project when her contract with Cinderella expires in January. She is so much in demand that her last two roles (Bonnie & Cindy) were written specifically for her. She will be flooded with offers for challenging new projects as the end of this contract approaches.

Laura is interested in creating new roles on B'way and breaking into TV and movies. (She was a finalist for the role of Karen on Smash and recently filmed a guest spot for the new season of Elementary.) If a challenging role that advances her career presents herself, I think that taking it would outweigh the benefits of extending her contract with Cinderella. She could have the opportunity to open in a new B'way show in time to become eligible for a 2014 Tony nomination.

The only way that I can see Laura extending her contract is if there is a time gap between the ending of this contract in Jan. and the beginning of her next project. Unless she decides to take a break, of course.
Hongus
Chorus Member
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 05:02pm
Will Laura do plays do you think or just musicals. She has done 5 roles since Grease talk about a hard worker.
SamIAm2
Featured Actor
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 05:25pm
I would be very surprised to see Laura do a play. She has said that she fell in love with Broadway because it was a career in which she could combine her three loves: Singing, acting and dancing.

I do think that it is possible that she could accept a TV or film role that does not involve singing or dancing, in order to take advantage of an opportunity to break into those mediums. Of course, a TV show like Smash or a movie like Into The Woods would be an ideal way to showcase all of her talents to a national audience.

Updated On: 9/4/13 at 05:25 PM
AngusN
Broadway Star
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 05:56pm
She'd be perfect as Cinderella in Into The Woods, I'd much rather her than the rodent-like Anna Kendrick.
millie_dillmount
Broadway Legend
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 06:23pm
"Will Laura do plays do you think or just musicals."

Of course she could do plays. Sure, she's primarily doing musicals currently, but there's no way of predicting what she may or may not do.
"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
suestorm
Broadway Legend
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 06:55pm
Of course shes been in musicals. Hiding a perfect voice like hers would be tragic.

She's going to be on Elementary this season. We have already lost hopefully temporarily the truly amazing Cristen Milioti lets pray we don't lose Laura.
FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................
michellek45
Leading Actor
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 07:04pm
I'd love to see her in a LaChiusa musical- he writes exceptional songs, especially for sopranos. His shows are usually darker and complex; it would be something completely new for Laura. Of course, he has to write a new show first...
Liza's Headband
Broadway Legend
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/4/13 at 07:58pm
"I would be very surprised to see Laura do a play."

I'm very surprised that you can predict what she will and will not do based on a comment made about why she went into theatre. The girl could do a straight drama, musical comedy, or blockbuster action flick if the opportunity presented itself and she agreed to do it. I don't see her turning down work that will make her more of a star because she prefers singing and dancing. Why are we trying to predict what she will and will not do in her future? The girl is not even 30 yet.
SamIAm2
Featured Actor
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/5/13 at 12:37am
Not saying she will or she won't. Just saying I'd be very surprised if she did. I promise you that this statement is 100% true. Don't like it? Sue me.

Updated On: 9/5/13 at 12:37 AM
Liza's Headband
Broadway Legend
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/5/13 at 12:45am
Check your PMs.
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/5/13 at 12:54am
Don't like it? Sue me.

Really?
SamIAm2
Featured Actor
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/5/13 at 01:40am
I guess I get a bit sensitive about the propensity of some here to belittle the messenger when they disagree with an opinion. Sorry for the over reaction.
suestorm
Broadway Legend
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/5/13 at 07:17am
Understandable SAMIAM. Bullytrolls like Lizaheadband get wierd enjoyment from mocking others. Dont let the insecure"knowitall" make you react in a way you normally wouldnt. Thats what they want.

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................
Updated On: 9/5/13 at 07:17 AM
Reginald Tresilian
Broadway Legend
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/5/13 at 10:27am
"Don't like it? Sue me."
"Check your PMs."

SamIam2, did you get PMed a subpoena???

Osnes is a lovely performer. I'm looking forward to whatever she does next.
Patash
Broadway Legend
Laura Osnes
Posted: 9/5/13 at 10:34am
I loved her in Bonnie and Clyde (which I saw in Sarasota as well as Broadway), but my favorite was Laura in South Pacific. I've seen that show a hundred times (well, maybe slight exaggeration) but when she realized that the kids were actually Emile's, she totally made the hair on my arms stand up. That tiny bit of acting was simply chilling.
I guess what you're all saying is that I MUST go see Cinderella after all?

Page: