Hocus Pocus the Musical

gleek4114
Broadway Star
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/16/13 at 09:09pm
With the whole Hunchback thing this better happen sooner than later. Any thoughts? Casting? Concerns?
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/16/13 at 09:11pm
HOCUS POCUS was released in the theaters 20 years ago today. Just a little fun fact about the film in which your thread is based and that has been discussed countless times before.
N2N Nate.
Broadway Star
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/16/13 at 09:16pm
I think it would be fun if it was a seasonal show that played August-October ( seemed to work for Grinch) but I can't see a show like this turning a profit if they decided to do an Open run.
So Lauren Bacall me, anything goes! *wink*
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/16/13 at 09:18pm
I think it will be fun when the show is finally done, bombs and people stop talking about how it needs to be a musical

And START talking about how it needs to be REVIVED!
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
jetts7
Leading Actor
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/16/13 at 09:22pm
I think this would be such a fun musical. The "I Put A Spell On You" number would be killer live!!!!
D2
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/16/13 at 09:28pm
"And START talking about how it needs to be REVIVED!"

Not until after the 50+ threads asking why it failed and the 20+ petitions for an ENCORES production.
Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)
Gorlois
Stand-by
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/16/13 at 09:33pm
Yeah, it would be fun. But it wouldn't be good.

But it would be fun.
darreyl102
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/16/13 at 11:38pm
I think it would make a great musical. the movie bombed at the box office when it was released- IN JULY. But a musical version would be fun. And the movie has proven to be a big hit on video, TV ect.
Winifred- Bette Midler, Carolee Carmello
Mary- Mary Testa
Sarah- ???

Darreyl with an L!
Updated On: 7/16/13 at 11:38 PM
gavyj
Stand-by
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/16/13 at 11:51pm
Winnie--Midler or LuPone
Mary-- Christine Pedi would be hilarious
Sarah--Laura Osnes b/c the innocent act is getting old so this would allow her to twist it. Annaleigh Ashford would be nice too.
Max--Aaron Tveit is an obvious one but maybe Kyle Dean Massey. I'm not really sure actually
Dani--there is a slew of kids on broadway right now...pick one
Allison--Katie Rose Clark
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 12:48am
Don't forget Max is around 15 years old.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 01:00am
Aaron Tveit can play 15- he's been doing it for years.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
jetts7
Leading Actor
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 01:50am
My Dream Cast!

Winnie: Patti LuPone
Mary: Sarah Bolt
Sarah: Laura Osnes
Max: Corey Cott
Alison: Rachel Potter
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 02:00am
Allison is also 15 years old. Rachel Potter ain't no 15 years old.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 02:02am
And with all your logic, Thora Birch can reprise her role as Dani.
jetts7
Leading Actor
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 03:22am
I don't think they would get actual 15 year olds for the parts, if it ever came. In the movie, the actors playing Alison and Max looked way older than 15. They look around Corey Cott and Rachel Potter's ages.
AEA AGMA SM
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 08:02am
"And with all your logic, Thora Birch can reprise her role as Dani."

So her dad can be hanging around making everyone so uncomfortable that they end up having to fire her?
Did you know that every day Mexican gays cross our borders and unplug our brain-dead ladies?
orangeskittles
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 08:33am
I'm sure Aaron Tveit would be thrilled to leave Hollywood and come back to play a 15-year-old virgin.
Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
gavyj
Stand-by
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 08:58am
Tveit may not be the best choice. He just popped into my head. Regardless, like an actor playing a role way younger has never happened. Come on people.

Kad
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 09:01am
"In the movie, the actors playing Alison and Max looked way older than 15. They look around Corey Cott and Rachel Potter's ages."

No, they don't.

Because Omri Katz and Vinessa Shaw were actually 15/16 at the time of filming.
givesmevoice
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 09:12am
Speaking of Vinessa Shaw, why is there not a Ladybugs musical?
When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 09:24am
I fully intend to ask Jackee in a few weeks.
logan2
Leading Actor
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 10:58am
Chita Rivera, Patti LuPone, and Bernadette Peters is the dream cast. But please make the musical more about the witches and less about the kids. I loved the film up until that point when suddenly the kids became the main characters.
Kad
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 11:00am
So... ten minutes in?
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 11:10am
This thread makes me sad for people's brains.
JohnyBroadway
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 11:39am
Only if Jen Cody play Danny.
Wynbish
Broadway Legend
Hocus Pocus the Musical
Posted: 7/17/13 at 11:45am
Regardless, like an actor playing a role way younger has never happened. Come on people.

There has to be some level of believability, especially when Max's age and virginity are important parts of the movie. Aaron can play one of those goons who steal Max's shoes.

Page: