Matilda and Pippin: Seating Questions

jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
Matilda and Pippin: Seating Question
Posted: 4/30/13 at 12:35pm
I have my tickets for these (now) Tony nominated shows and am very excited!

For Matilda, I'm sitting in Balcony Right, Row E and for Pippin Mezz Right, Row H.

Anyone know how the views are for these shows? Thanks!!

Updated On: 4/30/13 at 12:35 PM
Brian07663NJ
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/13 at 12:36pm
As long as you face the stage you should be able to see the show.
Up next: Apr 01 Hedwig and the Angry Inch; Apr 05 Charo at RamsHead OnStage; Apr 07 Lady Gaga at Roseland Ballroom; Apr 13 Amaluna next to Citi Field; Apr 18 Disney Junior at MSG Theatre; May 06 Aladdin; May 13 Artpop Ball Lady Gaga at MSG; Jun 07 Varekai in Bridgeport, CT Jul 12 1:30pm Side Show; Jul 12 8:30pm Fantasia w/National Symphony Orchestra; Aug 16 The Visit: Williamstown Festival
Brian07663NJ
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/13 at 12:37pm
lol - sorry, couldn't resist.

Balcony in the Shubert is quite high if I remember correctly. It is almost a view straight down to the top of heads.

Pippin - was just in there on Thursday night in the Mezz Right and the view was fine. No problem at all.
Up next: Apr 01 Hedwig and the Angry Inch; Apr 05 Charo at RamsHead OnStage; Apr 07 Lady Gaga at Roseland Ballroom; Apr 13 Amaluna next to Citi Field; Apr 18 Disney Junior at MSG Theatre; May 06 Aladdin; May 13 Artpop Ball Lady Gaga at MSG; Jun 07 Varekai in Bridgeport, CT Jul 12 1:30pm Side Show; Jul 12 8:30pm Fantasia w/National Symphony Orchestra; Aug 16 The Visit: Williamstown Festival
eperkins
Leading Actor
Posted: 4/30/13 at 12:48pm
I was just at Matilda last Friday. I was in the Orch, but when I looked back and up - the balcony seemed VERY high up there. I don't think I've ever sat up there though.
Brian07663NJ
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/13 at 12:52pm
Sat up there years ago when I stupidly let someone else buy the tickets to Chicago. Should only allow Barbers and Beauticians up there cause they are used to looking at the top of heads.
dave1606
Broadway Star
Posted: 4/30/13 at 01:01pm
The view from the balcony is fine for Matilda. It is actually much closer than most, and a great value for the price. The only issue is the poles.

Pippin is great in the mezz. I have been in the last row or second to last row and love the view. Full view of everything.
dreaming
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/13 at 01:02pm
The balcony at Matilda is just fine-as long as the poles are not in your line of vision.

I can't speak about the mezz for Pippin as I haven't sat there for that show. When I was there for other shows, it wasn't a bad seat at all.
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/13 at 01:25pm
I would say that the mezz for PIPPIN is probably better. There is a lot going on at times so you'll be able to get a more complete view of the stage. Plus if you're sitting too close then you'll see the horrible white mics which really annoyed me.
"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
Posted: 4/30/13 at 07:06pm
I would've paid for orchestra but I'm accommodating for group members who weren't as willing to shell out for these shows/those seats.