CARRIE THE MUSICAL to premiere in Los Angeles

Michael Bennett
Broadway Legend
A bit of a shameless plug as I'm in some way connected to the production. But I think its going to be a pretty exciting staging...

http://losangeles.broadwayworld.com/article/CARRIE-THE-MUSICAL-to-Premiere-In-Los-Angeles-This-Fall-20130312#

www.carrieinla.com

Updated On: 3/16/13 at 01:43 PM
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Does the high school prank really go horribly wrong? Or horribly right?
'Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.' -- RW Emerson
tazber
Broadway Legend
Congrats MB! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Also, didn't I read somewhere that it was having its first high school production soon?
....but the world goes 'round
Michael Bennett
Broadway Legend
Touche, Namo -- a good point!

Tazber -- Yes! Playbill did a nice article on that high school production

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/175423-PLAYBILL-VIP-SPOTLIGHT-Twenty-Five-Years-After-Broadway-Carrie-the-Musical-Makes-High-School-Debut
eatlasagna
Broadway Legend
well I'm excited for this!
James885
Broadway Legend
Very exciting! Looking forward to seeing it!

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible
Updated On: 3/12/13 at 04:48 PM
ray-andallthatjazz86
Broadway Legend
Congrats, MB!
I'd love nothing more than to see this production. Can't wait to hear some casting news.
"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
rosscoe(au)
Broadway Legend
Congrats MB,

This has made my year,first Evita and now Carrie. Can't wait!
Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
Matt Rogers
Broadway Star
Congrats, MB!
chrisampm2
Broadway Star
Congrats. I'll be there with pig's blood on.
Famebroadway2
Leading Actor
This is AWESOME! I wish i could get out there to see it. I wonder if there are plans to bring it to NY (Broadway) if it does well?
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
All together now: "CARRIE would totally work as a musical if only _________ had done ______________ to the production."
"It's now rather very common to hear people say 'I'm rather offended by that'. As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. It has no meaning, no purpose. It has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that'. Well, so f**king what?"--Stephen Fry
GoshGeeGolly
Chorus Member
Good for Stephen King!
GavestonPS
Broadway Legend
If it's truly "a new audience immersive production", I might show up late (after the show sequence) and leave early.
#1CarrieFan
Understudy
Excuse me but I'm totally blind sighted by this message board. Are we talking about a revival of the original Carrie from Broadway or are we talking about the off-Broadway revival coming to LA? Please fill in this number #1 Carrie Fan as to what we're talking about. I must have missed it in the Times or Variety.
Visceral_Fella
Broadway Star
The rights to the off-broadway version have been released. A regional theatre in LA is doing the show. This production will be the first (legal) production of Carrie in LA. Though this production will use the book and score from the off-broadway revival, it is independent from the other the previous productions.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
#1, you know I love you so I say this with love, just click the red link in the first post!
'Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.' -- RW Emerson
Michael Bennett
Broadway Legend
Yes, so true!

And to the earlier poster -- I think most of the cast will likely be coming from Los Angeles, but I do know that they will be auditioning in New York as well. Early July-ish.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Congrats MB, our company looks set to be doing it here in the UK.

The high school production recently is on You Tube to watch, it's a shame they did pretty much the same staging as Off Broadway
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Scarywarhol
Broadway Legend
That poster looks like the revival I wanted to see!
someone.else's.story2
Leading Actor
Very exciting! I can't wait to see it :)
I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being. ``oscar wilde``
lightguy06222
Broadway Star
from what I can tell, this will NOT be the broadway production, nor the most recent off-broadway revival.

This is the premiere of the musical in Los Angeles.

A completely new production.... the first of this show in LA.
Michael Bennett
Broadway Legend
Congrats Songanddance -- I know its a musical you'e long had passion for and have dreamed of producing, so I can't wait to hear what you do with it!

And yes, lightguy, its going to be a completely new production of the show.
Visceral_Fella
Broadway Star
Oh wow, a completely new production like new songs etc? How exciting!

The poster for this is amazing.
qolbinau
Broadway Legend
No it's probably a new production of the licensed off-Broadway version. Good luck! With a strong cast the new version of the show seems thrilling to me. I'd love to see how an audience responds to the show for the first time.
Updated On: 3/16/13 at 05:20 PM
FlowerChild67
Stand-by

Updated On: 4/13/13 at 01:27 AM

Page: