Anything Goes - Rachel York

rosscoe(au)
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/30/12 at 02:44am
Act one closer, Anything Goes is a giddy joyous slice of musical heaven, Rachel York and company are having the time of their lives.

The perfect way to end a year of theatre going.
Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
aasjb4ever
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/30/12 at 03:03am
^Right? Thats how I felt when I saw the show in New York this spring, I began weeping when Stephanie J. Block kicked it in to high gear and raised the bar of how sensational a tap dance can be. I went back 3 weeks later on the night before closing! Glad you enjoyed the show!
What a colossal piece of crap! It'll probably run for years.
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/30/12 at 03:27am
I saw the tour in November. I thought Rachel York was awful and totally wrong for the role. I am usually a fan of hers too. I loved the show when I saw it on Broadway, but the tour did nothing for me.
"Theres nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
someone.else's.story2
Leading Actor
Posted: 12/30/12 at 09:15am
I really enjoyed Rachel York in this show. I agree with Rosscoe, that she seems to behaving so much fun in the role and it's sheer joy to watch!
I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being. ``oscar wilde``
never_has_been
Understudy
Posted: 12/30/12 at 10:28am
I saw Rachel as Reno two weeks ago at the Ahmanson. I really enjoyed her performance. Granted I'd never seen the Broadway production (other than of course the title number on the Tony Awards broadcast). I like the purity of Sutton's voice in most situations but I think I preferred Rachel's voice for the character.
Wildcard
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/30/12 at 04:33pm
I loved Rachel as Reno very much. She felt more appropriate to the role more than Sutton was.