Comscore

Top Hat plans Broadway?

AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Top Hat plans Broadway?
Posted: 10/20/12 at 06:41pm
West End musical Top Hat is apparently in talks with Nederlander group to bring the show to Broadway Fall 2013...
ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Top Hat plans Broadway?
Posted: 10/20/12 at 06:50pm
Oh god.
2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia ** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels *** Urinetown ***** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3.5* Other Desert Cities **** Birdland **** The Phantom of the Opera **** Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake ***** In The Heights ***** Miss Saigon **** Clarence Darrow ***** Great Britain **** The Crucible **** The Pajama Game **** Mamma Mia *** Anna Nicole **** Barnum (UK Tour) ***** Simon Callow: The Man Jesus *****
macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
Broadway Legend
Top Hat plans Broadway?
Posted: 10/20/12 at 07:22pm
oh god good or oh god bad?
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Top Hat plans Broadway?
Posted: 10/20/12 at 08:22pm
bad, Singin' In The Rain is far superior.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot***** Seminar*** Damn Yankees*** Teh Internet Is Serious Business***
rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
Broadway Legend
Top Hat plans Broadway?
Posted: 10/20/12 at 08:29pm
Like Top Hat more than Singin. This should do well on Broadway, an old fashioned song and dance musical comedy. An entertaining evening of theatre with some great dancing. Whats not to like?
Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian
wonkit
Broadway Legend
Top Hat plans Broadway?
Posted: 10/21/12 at 10:09am
And I thought Singing in the Rain was immensely pedestrian.
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Top Hat plans Broadway?
Posted: 10/21/12 at 01:03pm
Why bad?

The show is doing well in London and with Nice Work doing not too bad, there is an audience.... So why not?!

Singin the Rain I don't think will transfer...certainly no rumour of it yet
zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
Broadway Legend
Top Hat plans Broadway?
Posted: 10/21/12 at 03:18pm
When I first saw Top Hat about 14 years ago, I thought how it would be awesome to see it on stage. I was jealous London got it because I wanted to see it. If it comes over, I'll no doubt be there.
::bust a move::
bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Top Hat plans Broadway?
Posted: 10/21/12 at 08:25pm
The London production of Top Hat is an absolute joy! Genuinely witty book, fantastic dancing and - of course - a glorious Berlin score. Broadway deserves to see it!

(Btw - I was a little underwhelmed by the - IMO - overhyped West End production of Singing In the Rain.)
THEATRE 2014: Seasons Greetings**** Suessical**** Stephen Ward* Meet Me In St Louis**** A Christmas Carol**** Kiss Me Kate**** Brent Barrett (cabaret)***** Shakespeare4Kidz Macbeth**** Jersey Boys**** LiCallawayI(cabaret)***** From Here To Eternity**** Putting It Together***** The Wit And Wimsy Of Alexander Bermange*** Kerrigan & Lowdermilk concert***** Fame**** Urinetown***** Finian's Rainbow**** Tom (Pontypridd)**** Songs In The Key Of Streisand**** Shona White (cabaret)***** Run, Fatboy, Run (concert)**** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman!**** Molly Wobbly**** Bouncers (Swansea Grand)**** Ushers**** The Beautiful Game***** Tom (Neath)**** Wicked (WMC Cardiff)***** Rags in concert**** Water Babies (Leicester Curve)**** Best Of Friends*** A Grand Night For Singing (Swansea Grand)**** Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Miss Saigon*****. In The Heights***** Giggin4Good When You Wish Upon A Star***** Godspell**** How To Succeed In Business**** The Pajama Game**** The Life Of The Party***** Zanna, Don't!**** Zanna, Don't!**** West End Fest**** Carousel***** Shot At Dawn*** Pacific Overtures ***** The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-time**** Julius Caesar*** Anything Can Happen**** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Forbidden Broadway**** Is There Life After High School? (Swansea)**** Dessa Rose***** Marry Me A Little***** Dogfight***** Bare (Edinburgh)**** 6 (Edinburgh)**** The Addams Family (Edinburgh)**** The Girl Who (Edinburgh)** Unfaithful (Edinburgh)***** Alba (Edinburgh)*** Connected (Edinburgh)**** See Rock City** The Apple Tree**** Edges**** Hamlisch**** Dogfight***** The Return Of The Soldier**** The Dreaming**** Mamma Mia**** Dr Scroggy's War**** Les Miserables***** Joseph***** Buddy Holly & The Cricketers (tour)***** Skyhawk (Swansea)**** The Scottsboro Boys***** Memphis***** Love Story***** Altar Boyz**** Into The Woods***** Buddy Holly & The Cricketers (tour)***** In Time O' Strife (NTS tour, Cardiff)**** Damm Yankees**** Natalie Weiss**** The Little Dancer***** If/Then***** The Band Wagon***** The Fortress Of Solitude***** On The Town*** The Last Ship***** Allegro***** Saturday Night***** Side Show***** Made In Dagenham*** Girlfriends**** Jacques Brel Is Alive And Well****
AnythingGoes23
Broadway Star
Top Hat plans Broadway?
Posted: 10/22/12 at 03:36am
I think both shows should be applauded hugely. In a tough market these shows, which many gave less than year, are booking well and look good to continue thru well into 2013.

An achievement of success. Both production have been well produced, casted, creatively and marketed.

Advertisement

Advertisement