Bette Midler to join cast of Priscilla on April 24, 2012

blaxx
Broadway Legend
Replacing Tony Sheldon's Bernadette. I was going to post this tomorrow, but I couldn't wait!

Because tomorrow, posts like this are too obvious...
Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
And I fell for it!

Happy April Fool's Day!
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
I think this is the second time i have fallen for one of Blaxx's April Fools jokes... I still remember the one about Phantom closing (I had a heart attack).
"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
blaxx
Broadway Legend
Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
rjm516
Broadway Star
Wow that really was a good one! I think because I can't believe it's April already so I had no reason to doubt it!
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
I fell for it, very funny.

Reminded me it is April fools, so post a similar thread on the West End board.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III***
JP2
Broadway Legend
But I actually wanted it to happen.

JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
God, what stupidity. April Fools is the worst.
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Bettyboy72
Broadway Legend
Tony Sheldon told me at the stage door that foreign tourists think his airbrushed self on the new posters is Bette Midler and they are very disappointed when it is him. lol
"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello
Jay Lerner-Z
Broadway Legend
B-b-but it's only March 31st! (Otherwise I wouldn't have fallen for it...)
broadwaybabytn
Broadway Star
Totally fell for it. To be fair, it isn't April yet.
blaxx
Broadway Legend
Yes, I did mention that posting this tomorrow is too obvious.
donte7162004
Understudy
Ya got me.....I bought it. I was thinking that NO ONE could replace Tony:) Even Bette Midler!!! Good one:)
gypsy4
Broadway Legend
Now a good April fools joke would be announcing an open ended run of Newsies!
Eris0303
Broadway Legend
When I first read the title I believed it because I thought it was a "one-night" thing like Million Dollar Quartet has done w/ someone coming in to perform after the show. Then when I saw the actual text of the thread I realized what it was
"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
I had already dusted off the MasterCard.
'Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.' -- RW Emerson