Julie Taymor vs. SPIDER-MAN Lawsuit News

karma3
Chorus Member
Has anyone heard anything? A friend involved with the show said that the case was moving forward this week and that some of the cast (as expected) has been told that they're on witness lists. Any idea if this is a public trial?
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Any idea if this will be a musical?
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3
themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend

Anyone have a discount code for this yet??
CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD CUM OIL
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
What is the curtain?
"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
chrissydee
Featured Actor
Whats the show curtain like? Any merchandise?
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
It's the day of the lawsuit, y'all.
themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend

How sickening. This is the best the justice system has to offer us these days? Julie Taymor? I remember when this country had real trials. John Scopes. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg. Leopold and Loeb. Even the Charles Manson and O.J. Simpson trials, which broke the bank and singularly disgusted in terms of their romanticism and sensationlism, were better than this flapdoodle. Some may say lyrics like "Give 'em show that's so splendiforous / Row after row will grow vociferous" are cute, but they actually illustrate such a clear and thorough decline in the quality of the criminals that go through our justice system that I don't know why I keep going to every trial.

Oh, wait a minute. Never mind. I go because I have the freedom to go. That's right. And I have the freedom to come here and tell you about it, just like you have the freedom to read my words or not read them and the freedom to un-read them if you don't like them. You all make me sick, every last one of you, but I respect your thoughts very much. You are all so much better than you actually are. If only we could see Nuremberg all over again right here at BroadwayWorld. Thanks for reading.
JoeKv99
Broadway Legend
Does the jury sign?
No good can possibly come from using this vast wasteland of error and deliberate deceit. You should get off of it and warn others away. You should make sure your children and grandchildren know what a corrupt and morally bankrupt institution it truly is.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
All but juror #7. (But that's what you get when you let women serve, right??)
themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend

Serving's about all they're good for.
PalJoey
Broadway Legend
It's not a lawsuit. It's an arbitration claim.

Arbitration clauses are put into contracts to prevent the parties involved from suing each other.

This is not a lawsuit. It's an arbitration hearing.
yr pal,
joey

Blocked so far: suestorm, Master Bates
themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend

"It's the day of the arbitration hearing, y'all" doesn't have quite the same ring. Sad.
Craig
Broadway Legend
what merchandise is available?

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka
Kad
Broadway Legend
I heard a lawyer broke both of his hands working on this.
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Think of "arbitration" as the "recitative" that occurs before the power ballad.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3
nomdeplume
Broadway Legend
Do they have those souvenir logo cups with the spill-proof lids so everyone at the arbitration can have a nice beverage at their seat?
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Remember when nom wanted to get out the torches and storm the theater because "our actors" were getting injured in Spider-Man? God that was hilarious. Maybe she should go to the arbitration too, since the whole thing gave her severe emotional distress! (I remember all this clearly because I DID MY HOMEWORK!)
'Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.' -- RW Emerson
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Julie Taymor is having an abortion?
MusicalComedyMan
Broadway Star
She aborted Spiderman... and it was DOA!
themysteriousgrowl
Broadway Legend

"It's the day of the abortion, y'all."
Broadway Joe
Broadway Star
Does anyone know if there are any gunshots?
crewdude
Understudy
Who would be your dream cast for "Julie Taymor vs. Spider-Man"? And how many pairs of shoes will the Julie Taymor character have to wear in order for her to enter the same astral plane as Spider-Man?
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Crazy Cat Lady From The Simpsons...........Julie Taymor
Adam Lambert..........................................Reeve Carney
Chris Colfer..............................................Jennifer Damiano
Cheyenne Jackson....................................Bono
John McMartin..........................................The Edge
Lea Delaria...............................................T.V. Carpio
Fosse76
Broadway Legend
"Arbitration clauses are put into contracts to prevent the parties involved from suing each other."

Arbitrations are a type of lawsuit, and going to arbitration IS "parties involved suing each other." The difference is an arbitration and its rules are determined by a contractual agreement between the parties, and therefore the decisions hold the force of law. They can't generally be appealed. However, decisions can be taken to Court and overturned if a party can prove that the arbitrator was biased or overstepped his or her authority.

"This is not a lawsuit. It's an arbitration hearing."

That's merely a technicality. They are, for all intents and purposes, lawsuits. Just more informal. And an arbitration hearing is essentially the same as a trial (again, with different rules).
CurtainPullDowner
Broadway Legend
I'd love to see what Judge Judy would do with this.

And I thought Julie didn't sign no stinkin' contracts.
wonkit
Broadway Legend
Actually the difference is more than a technicality. Arbitration is a privately moderated dispute resolution which the parties agree to be bound by. The parties choose the arbitrator(s) who is supposed to be both knowledgeable and impartial. The parties pay the arbitration costs. So there is no access to, or use of, the civil courts (paid for with public tax revenues). The theory is reduction of court congestion, slightly eased rules of evidence, and generally a higher degree of privacy as the parties can agree to keep the proceedings and the outcome confidential. Mandatory arbitration clauses are very standard in personal service contracts and brokerage firm agreements.

Page: