Comscore

Who Do You want to see in Chicago (Who hasn't done it yet)?

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
Broadway Legend
I was thinking the other day, even after 14 years there are actors who are great for roles in the show who have never done it. I would love to see;

Velma: Leslie Kritzer
Roxie: Sutton Foster
Billy Flynn: Marc Kudisch
Amos: Walter Bobbie
Mama: Orfeh
My Icon "Swiney" the Swine Flu Mascot- art by me. "Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel
ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
I'm still holding out hope that Mya opts to try and do the show again(as Velma).
A Chorus Line played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013.
Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
Broadway Legend
4 Words: Justin. Bieber. Mama. Morton.
"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."
ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
Broadway Legend
Pippin, I LOLed.

I think Leslie Kritzer would actually be a better Roxie, especially considering she's not a dancer (I don't think?). Velma is the more dance-heavy role. Many Roxies have been able to get away with being a really good mover.
jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
Broadway Legend
I figure after Legally Blonde (Positive specifically) Kritzer could be considered a dancer
My Icon "Swiney" the Swine Flu Mascot- art by me. "Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
Broadway Legend
I don't really see how "Positive" = Fosse styled dancing.
BroadwayBen
Leading Actor
Marian Seldes and Stew.
uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
Broadway Legend
I think it would be cool to have the cast from the movie do it together.
Just give the world Love.
best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
Broadway Legend
Maureen McCormick as Roxie. Eve Plumb as Velma. Barry (non-Equity) Williams as Billy.

And Flo Henderson as Mama Morton, of course.
"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3
Updated On: 2/9/11 at 02:02 PM
AEA AGMA SM Profile Photo
AEA AGMA SM
Broadway Legend
best, if I'm not mistaken I believe that Barry patched things up with Equity.

Based on some of the former movie casting ideas (with about 20 years worth of actresses to choose from) I would love to see Charlize Theron, Michelle Pfeiffer, Toni Collette, or Goldie Hawn (but get a time machine and get Goldie from about 10-15 years ago).
Did you know that every day Mexican gays cross our borders and unplug our brain-dead ladies?
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
Peter Cetera
Rob Lamm
Danny Seraphine
Lee Loughnane
Walter Parazaider
Jimmy Pankow
If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
KirbyCat Profile Photo
KirbyCat
Broadway Legend
rmusic11322 Profile Photo
rmusic11322
Broadway Legend
Sara Ramirez as Mama(cita) Morton
The world was created for ME!
devilish23 Profile Photo
devilish23
Understudy
How about D list celebrities accept that they aren't famous and the show can close!
nasty_khakis
Broadway Legend
I'm surprised the Tori Spelling rumors never came true. It seemed like it would make for a good "season" of her reality show. Following her struggles in rehearsals into opening night while moving her family cross country.

Also, when Kelly Osbourn did "Dancing with the Stars" she talked A LOT about how she auditioned for Roxie but didn't get it because she couldnt dance and now she can and is dying to play Roxie on Broadway.

I don't understand why Mya hasn't "come back" to play Velma. I know she injured herself, but she seemed fine on "Dancing with the Stars." Unless she faked the injury for PR reasons like Jenna Elfman in "Nine."
Dollypop Profile Photo
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
QVC's Rick Domeier as Billy Flynn
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
Broadway Legend
For Billy Flynn: Joe Mantegna, who has already done one Broadway musical.
2014 Intimacy (1/18), Bronx Bombers (2/05), Kung-Fu (2/09), Matilda (2/12), The Velocity Of Autumn (4/18), Easter Bonnet Competition (4/22), Just Jim Dale (5/16), Behind The Magic - Motown (5/22), Just Jim Dale (5/29), The Book Of Mormon (6/04), Holler If Ya Hear Me (7/03), Indian Ink (9/04). Stalking The Bogeyman (9/13), If/Then (9/14), On The Town (10/04), The Book Of Mormon (10/08), The Last Ship (11/05), Lips Together, Teeth Apart (11/12), Small Town Story -workshop- (11/13), Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (11/20)
ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
I'd love to see both John Owen-Jones and Philip Quast as Billy Flynn.
2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia ** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels *** Urinetown ***** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3.5* Other Desert Cities **** Birdland **** The Phantom of the Opera **** Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake ***** In The Heights ***** Miss Saigon **** Clarence Darrow ***** Great Britain **** The Crucible **** The Pajama Game **** Mamma Mia *** Anna Nicole **** Barnum (UK Tour) ***** Simon Callow: The Man Jesus *****
Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Nathan Lane as Billy Flynn
Rosie as Mary Sunshine
Cynicism is an unpleasant way of saying the truth - Lillian Hellman.
SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
Broadway Legend
Elaine Stritch as Mamma Morton
MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Joey McIntyre as Billy.
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
Broadway Star
I love me some Leslie Kritzer but girlfriend is not a dancer, she is more of a "mover". I actually took her master class a few weeks ago and she used Chicago as an example of a show she'd never be cast in because of her dancing abilities, or lack thereof.

I'd love to see Chryssie Whitehead as Roxie, though she'd be a very, very tall Roxie.
http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com
rmusic11322 Profile Photo
rmusic11322
Broadway Legend
^ WHAT!!! She teaches master classes? I need info!
The world was created for ME!
MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
If it wasn't just the injury and the role of Velma really was too much for Mya, I wish she'd at least give playing Roxie a shot. Her vocals sounded on point in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWqE809uxmI
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
morosco Profile Photo
morosco
Broadway Legend
Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
I want you all to see me as Amos.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Page:

Advertisement