SMASH
Posted: 5/10/13 at 10:17pm

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
Broadway Legend
SMASH
Posted: 5/10/13 at 11:21pm
There are a LOT of reasons to hate NBC.

But cancelling an extremely expensive show with terrible ratings and reviews is not one of them.
Phyllis Rogers Stone Profile Photo
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Broadway Legend
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 01:09pm
And for all their foibles, they've still let a few of my favorites hang on longer than any sane person would have expected. Somehow my beloved "Chuck" made it to five seasons and now my even-more-beloved "Community" is going to get a fifth as well.

Maybe "Smash" needs to change its title to something that starts with a "C"?
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 01:11pm
Crash?
FindingNamo Profile Photo
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 01:13pm
Cmash, with a soft "c"?
SporkGoddess Profile Photo
SporkGoddess
Broadway Legend
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 01:40pm
Somehow my beloved "Chuck" made it to five seasons and now my even-more-beloved "Community" is going to get a fifth as well.

I don't really like the new season of Community, I almost wish they'd end it on a high note.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Broadway Legend
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 01:56pm
I wasn't that keen on this season either, but I'm hoping that the fifth season will be a course correction. If not, I'll just pretend it ended with season 3.
Phyllis Rogers Stone
Broadway Legend
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 02:12pm

Talulah
Swing
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 05:36pm
http://annoyingactorfriend.com/thank-you-smash/

I hope all you broadway types are happy. You beat this show and one particular actress to death with a stick. No wonder it was cancelled. Jobs have been lost and though the writing was dreadful,the entertainment value of Television has been reduced to zero for me. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Byeeeeeee
Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
Broadway Star
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 05:44pm
^ I like the blog you wrote. It was way less angry than your post here. I don't believe for a minute anyone at NBC was listening to these threads when they decided to cancel Smash.
lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
Broadway Star
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 05:45pm
I only wish I had the privileged to die for that sexy hunk Jimmy like Kyle got to. I'd do A N Y T H I N G for Jimmy!!!

Updated On: 5/11/13 at 05:45 PM
MusicalTheatreGeek2 Profile Photo
MusicalTheatreGeek2
Stand-by
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 05:55pm
I'm sure that the writers of SMASH would be delighted if they came across this thread, I mean for a start, we have basically written the next 6 seasons for them already, plus it would tell them that there are a couple of people watching the show, which they probably didn't realise after looking at the ratings!
AEA AGMA SM Profile Photo
AEA AGMA SM
Broadway Legend
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 06:34pm
I would point out that one statement that blog post makes is inaccurate. The far more successful than Smash could ever hope to be film version of Hairspray introduced Shaiman and Wittman to far more people than Smash could have ever hoped to reach.
WhizzerMarvin TrinaJasonMendel Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin TrinaJasonMendel
Broadway Legend
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 09:06pm
No one watched? I just started the dvr now...looks like this one is all about Mara.

If they were going to make her such a big part of the show at this point, they should have featured her character more along the way to make us care.
Ham3
Understudy
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 09:07pm
Well, tonight was pretty bad. Not as bad as the worst, but bad.

So what's Ivy's pregnancy gonna do?
Platypus
Stand-by
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 09:12pm
Ummm...since when is a pregnancy test included in routine bloodwork? Judging by her reaction to the phone call, she did not seem to have asked for a pregnancy test. Oh, Smash...such a confused interpretation of how the real world works...
Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
Broadway Legend
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 09:15pm
I thought tonight's episode was actually pretty good. For once they got away from damned Jimmy for a while and put Hilty back into play.
Broadway Legend
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 09:35pm
This episode is a marked improvement over the past couple, but like all Smash episodes there were ups and downs.

"Grin and Bear It" was great and I also appreciated the underemphasis on Jimmy. Call me crazy, but I think McPhee gave one of her better performances too.

Good god, that Hit List number was terrible though, and don't even get me started on the tweeting and texting during the performance!!

marknyc Profile Photo
marknyc
Leading Actor
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 09:43pm
Anyone know who dubbed Debra Messing?
Broadway Legend
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 09:53pm
That was Messing singing.
Ham3
Understudy
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 09:59pm
Grin and Bare it was silly and unnecessary. The Hit List number was awful. The Messing song was absurd.
kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
Broadway Star
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 09:59pm
I think I laughed at the opening number when the audience of tweens swarmed the theatre to see Hit List. THIS, is Broadway according to SMASH my friends.
marknyc Profile Photo
marknyc
Leading Actor
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 10:06pm
"That was Messing singing."

How do you know? It didn't sound like her.
Broadway Legend
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 10:14pm
It had been publicized that Messing would be singing her one (and only) song during the run of the series. She was not dubbed.
Gothampc
Broadway Legend
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 10:21pm
"Anyone know who dubbed Debra Messing?"

Marni Nixon
Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
Featured Actor
SMASH
Posted: 5/11/13 at 10:30pm
I literally laughed out loud during the Ivy phone call at the end. Just... good job, show.

I thought the Julia number was kinda cute, but I have a weird undying devotion to Debra Messing so I'm biased.

I actually hate Hit List more than anything right now.

As terrible as this show is, I really am sorry it's canceled. I'll miss you!

Page: