THE ILLUSIONISTS to Appear Tomorrow on GOOD MORNING AMERICA
THE ILLUSIONISTS - WITNESS THE IMPOSSIBLE, the world's best-selling touring magic show, will appear on ABC's "Good Morning America" tomorrow morning, Wednesday, July 2 between 7:30-9:00am.
See Kevin James (The Inventor), Dan Sperry (The Anti-Conjuror), and Adam Trent (The Futurist) preview mind-blowing illusions from the show which will play a strictly limited six-week engagement at Broadway's Marquis Theatre (1535 Broadway) as part of a 30-city US tour. Broadway previews begin on November 26; the production opens on December 4 and runs through January 4, 2015. Current tour cities are below.
"Good Morning America" airs on ABC (Channel 7 in the New York area). Check local listings elsewhere.
THE ILLUSIONISTS - WITNESS THE IMPOSSIBLE will make its Broadway bow this fall at the Marriott Marquis Theatre (1535 Broadway), beginning previews on November 26 and opening on December 4. It will play a strictly limited six-week engagement through January 4 2015 as part of a 30-city US tour.
THE ILLUSIONISTS - WITNESS THE IMPOSSIBLE is produced by Simon Painter, Tim Lawson, MagicSpace Entertainment, Road Show Entertainment LLC, and The Production Office. Conceived by Simon Painter, the show's creative team also includes executive producer Tim Lawson, director Neil Dorward and creative director Jim Millan.
Having shattered box office records around the world, THE ILLUSIONISTS - WITNESS THE IMPOSSIBLE is now coming to captivate New York. This mind-blowing spectacular showcases the jaw-dropping talents of seven of the most incredible illusionists on earth. Full of hilarious magic tricks, death-defying stunts and acts of breathtaking wonder, THE ILLUSIONISTS has dazzled audiences of all ages.
The seven stars, each a master in their own field, are:
· The Manipulator, Yu Ho-Jin. Considered a rising superstar in the world of magic; Yu Ho-Jin was recently named the 2014 "Magician of the Year," by Academy of Magical Arts and was the first Asian to win the Grand Prix at the Fédération Internationale des Sociétés Magiques, also known as the "Olympics of Magic."
· The Anti-Conjuror, Dan Sperry. Described as Marilyn Manson meets David Copperfield, Dan combines the art of magic with the macabre and is one of the top-10 most Googled people, thanks to a legendary "America's Got Talent" appearance.
· The Trickster, Jeff Hobson is the epitome of glamour and showmanship. Don't be fooled by his innocent appearance; Jeff has audiences laughing long after the curtain goes down.
· The Escapologist, Andrew Basso. Italy's star escape artist, Andrew considers Houdini his hero and is fast becoming one of the world's most popular illusionists. He is the only person in the world to perform Houdini's famous Water Torture Cell with absolutely no covers.
· The Inventor, Kevin James, known for innovative illusions, is an inventor, comedian and collector of the strange and unusual. Kevin is one of the most prolific inventors of magic in the world and has created some of the most celebrated illusions of the last century.
· The Warrior, Aaron Crow, a strong and silent type specializing in weapon magic, has mastered some of the most dangerous acts without saying a single word. Belgium's international magic sensation, a first place finisher at the World Championships of Magic, he uses swords, paintball guns and powerful crossbows to keep fans on the edge of their seat.
· The Futurist, Adam Trent, shatters stereotypes and brings a new generation of magic to fans fusing technology illusions, dancing and comedy with classic techniques.
CURRENT TOUR DATES (more to come):
Akron, OH - EJ Thomas Hall, November 19 - 20, 2014
Bloomsburg, PA - Haas Center for the Arts, November 22, 2014
Broadway's Marriott Marquis Theatre, November 26 2014-January 4 2015
Washington, DC - The Kennedy Center, January 6 - 11, 2015
Indianapolis, IN - Old National Centre, January 20 - 25, 2015
Schenectady, NY - Proctors Theatre, February 17 - 22, 2015
Philadelphia, PA - Academy of Music, February 24 - March 1, 2015
Rochester, NY - RBTL's Auditorium Theatre, March 3 - 5, 2015
Buffalo, NY - Shea's Performing Arts Center, March 6 - 8, 2015
St. Paul, MN - Ordway Center for the Performing Arts - March 24 - 29, 2015
Dallas, TX - Music Hall at Fair Park, April 7 - 19, 2015
Detroit, MI - Fisher Theatre, April 28 - May 10, 2015
Tampa, FL - Straz Center, May 26 - May 31, 2015
Houston, TX - Jones Hall, June 2 - 6, 2015
San Jose, CA - San Jose Center, June 9 - 14, 2015
Salt Lake City, UT - Capitol Theatre, June 23 - 28, 2015