SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE World Premiere Closes Today at the Pasadena Playhouse
The Pasadena Playhouse, in association with David Shor Productions, presents SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE - THE MUSICAL. Performances for the world premiere presentation began May 24 and run through today, June 23. The musical celebrated its official press opening on Sunday, June 2, 2013.
The full cast for SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE - THE MUSICAL features:
• Tim Martin Gleason (The Phantom of the Opera) as "Sam"
• Joe West (Broadway's A Christmas Story) as "Jonah"
• Chandra Lee Schwartz (Wicked, Gypsy, High School Musical) as "Annie"
• Sabrina Sloan ("American Idol," Catch Me if You Can) as "Becky"
• Sachin Bhatt (Bombay Dreams, The Ode) as "Ensemble"
• Terron Brooks ("The Temptations," The Lion King) as "Ensemble"
• Todd Buonopane ("30 Rock," Happy Days) as "Rob"
• Jay Donnell (Joshua Tree, 1951: A Portrait of James Dean) as "Ensemble"
• Cynthia Ferrer ("General Hospital," Georgia Rule) as "Eleanor, Ensemble"
• Charissa Hogeland (Show Search, Cabaret, The Producers) as "Ensemble"
• Katharine Leonard (Hairspray, Live at the Foxes Den) as "Victoria, Ensemble"
• Robert Mammana (LES MISERABLES, "Dexter") as "Walter"
• Teya Patt (Oklahoma!, "Weeds") as "Ensemble"
• Adam Silver ("Californication," The Runaways) as "Greg/Ensemble"
• Yuka Takara (A Chorus Line, Rent, Flower Drum Song) as "Ensemble"
• Lowe Taylor (The Cradle Will Rock, The Marvelous Wondrettes) as "Suzy/Ensemble"
• Carter Thomas (Mary Poppins Natl. Tour) as "Jonah" Alternate
In addition to director Sheldon Epps, the production has a book by Jeff Arch, music by Ben Toth, lyrics by Sam Forman and is based on the Tristar Pictures film Sleepless in Seattle. The creative team for SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE - THE MUSICAL also includes choreography by Spencer Liff (The Playhouse's A Snow White Christmas, "So You Think You Can Dance"), scenic design by John Iacovelli (The Playhouse's The Heiress, Art and Blues for an Alabama Sky), lighting and projection design by Brian Gale (The Playhouse's Intimate Apparel and The Heiress), sound design by Carl Casella (One Night With Janis Joplin), costume design by Kate Bergh (The Playhouse's Under My Skin), music supervision by Larry Blank, musical direction by David O and orchestrations by Michael Starobin.
SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE - THE MUSICAL centers around Sam, a widower and single father. When Sam's son, Jonah, calls into a talk radio program looking for a new mother, Sam ends up getting on the phone and laments about his lost love. Thousands of miles away in Baltimore, Annie hears the program and immediately falls in love with Sam, despite the fact that she has never met him and that she is engaged to another man. Believing they are meant to be together, Annie sets out for Seattle to meet Sam, who, meanwhile, contends with an onslaught of letters from available women equally touched by his phone call.
The American Film Institute (AFI) lists SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE among the Top 10 Best Romantic Comedies of all time and the film grossed over $227 million dollars worldwide. The film was nominated for two Academy Awards, two BAFTA Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, four MTV Movie Awards, one Writers Guild of America Award, and won an American Comedy Award and a Casting Society of America Award. SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE is based on the 1957 film An Affair to Remember starring Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr.
SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE - THE MUSICAL closes today, June 23, 2013. The Pasadena Playhouse is located at 39 South El Molino Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91101. For more information, visit www.PasadenaPlayhouse.org.
Photo Credit: Earl Gibson