Pre-Bidding Now Open for BC/EFA Flea Market & Grand Auction - On-Set Visits, Lunch with Lansbury and More!
Walk-on appearances in Broadway's biggest hits, on-set visits to television's most popular shows, lunch with Angela Lansbury, and the shirts off Hugh Jackman's and Ricky Martin's backs – literally – are among the priceless lots now available for pre-bidding as Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS presents the 26th Annual Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction.
Plan now to spend Sunday, September 23, 2012 with Broadway Cares and thousands of other theatre fans in Times Square, Shubert Alley, and along West 44th Street searching for one-of-a-kind theatre keepsakes. Held from 10 AM – 7 PM, this not-to-be-missed event for every Broadway theatergoer is free and open to the public and has been called one of the "Best Once-A-Year Markets" in New York City.
Grand Auction items now open for pre-bidding on broadwaycares.org include:
- Experiences at The Book of Mormon, Bring It On, Chicago, Mamma Mia!, Newsies, Once, Rock of Ages, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, and Wicked
- VIP visits to the sets of TV's Emmy Award-winning comedy "Modern Family," hit drama "NCIS: LA" and the popular inside-theater drama "Smash" (with each show featuring its own Broadway stars-turned-TV-favorites)
- Shirts worn by Hugh Jackman and Ricky Martin during their Broadway performances, autographed and dated by each actor
- One-of-a-kind show memorabilia signed by Daniel Radcliffe, Julia Roberts, Bradley Cooper, Nick Jonas, Hal Prince, Neil Patrick Harris, Sutton Foster, and more
- An unforgettable lunch with stage-and-screen legend Angela Lansbury, winner of five Tony Awards and three-time Oscar nominee and 18-time Emmy nominee
- Opening night VIP tickets and party passes to Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, The Anarchist (starring Patti LuPone and Debra Winger), Dead Accounts (starring Katie Holmes and Norbert Leo Butz), The Mystery of Edwin Drood, Kinky Boots, and Matilda, with more to be announced
- Musical phrases written by and signed by Stephen Sondheim, Stephen Schwartz, Alan Menken and Jack Feldman, Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman, Bob Gaudio and Frankie Valli, Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty, Billie Joe Armstrong, Maury Yeston, and more
The always-popular Celebrity Autograph Table & Photo Booth will feature stars of stage and screen, including Harvey Fierstein, Cheyenne Jackson, Jeremy Jordan, Steve Kazee, Jan Maxwell, Bebe Neuwirth, Laura Osnes, Bernadette Peters and more. One of the most popular sites at Broadway's "one-day sale," the Celebrity Autograph Table offers fans the opportunity to get autographs and pose for pictures with their favorite stars from Broadway and Off-Broadway in exchange for donations to Broadway Cares. Celebrity appearances subject to change. For an up-to-date list, visit broadwaycares.org.
This year, the Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction will be in Times Square, Shubert Alley, and along West 44th Street.
Regardless of what you're looking for – whether it's a lost cast recording, signed show posters and Playbills, rare costume sketches or that special gift for a theatre-lover you can't find anywhere else – this year's Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction promises to offer something for everyone.
Among the shows scheduled to have tables are Bring It On, Evita, Jersey Boys, The Lion King, Mary Poppins, Naked Boys Singing, Newsical the Musical, Newsies, Once, The Phantom of the Opera, Rock of Ages, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark and Wicked, with more added daily.
Silent auction lots will be opened every half hour from 10 AM until 4:30 PM, when the live auction begins, featuring a collection of unique items and experiences only available at the Grand Auction. Pre-bidding on all auction lots is available online through 10 AM ET on September 22, the day before the Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction.
Specific items for sale at the Broadway Flea Market, other packages to be offered at the Grand Auction and a complete list of stars to appear at the Celebrity Autograph Table & Photo Booth will be announced on broadwaycares.org, on Twitter twitter.com/BCEFA and on Facebook at facebook.com/BCEFA.
Last year, the 25th Annual Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction raised $547,658, bringing the event's 25-year total to $9,185,327.
The 26th Annual Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction is sponsored by United Airlines and The New York Times.
Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS is one of the nation's leading industry-based, nonprofit AIDS fundraising and grant-making organizations. By drawing upon the talents, resources and generosity of the American theatre community, since 1988 BC/EFA has raised more than $195 million for essential services for people with AIDS and other critical illnesses across the United States.
Broadway Cares awards annual grants to more than 400 AIDS and family service organizations nationwide and is the major supporter of the social service programs at The Actors Fund, including the HIV/AIDS Initiative, the Phyllis Newman Women's Health Initiative and the Al Hirschfeld Free Health Clinic.
For more information, please visit the Broadway Cares online broadwaycares.org.