Jonathan Groff, Denis O'Hare & More Featured on 2013 OUT100 List

‚Äč

Jonathan Groff, Denis O'Hare & More Featured on 2013 OUT100 List

Today, OUT (www.out.com) continued its rollout of this year's OUT100, unveiling gorgeous portraits by photographer Danielle Levitt of some of the most influential and inspirational LGBT names of the year. Actors and storytellers named to this year OUT100 list include star of the upcoming HBO series Looking, Jonathan Groff; American Horror Story's Denis O'Hare; 30 Rock and Weeds alum Maulik Pancholy; Orange Is the New Black's Lea DeLaria; writer and TV host Mo Rocca, UFC fighter Liz Carmouche, Suburgatory and Entourage star Rex Lee, and writer/comedian Bruce Vilanch, among others.

OUT will continue to reveal additional portraits from this year's OUT100 portfolio over the course of the week - all photographed by Danielle Levitt (http://daniellelevitt.com/).

Honorees announced today include:

Jonathan Groff, Actor - A decade since he landed in New York City at the age of 18, Groff has notched starring runs in Spring Awakening and Hair, recurring roles on Glee andBoss, and the lead in this year's C.O.G. And next year he'll appear in Ryan Murphy's adaptation of The Normal Heart as well as the new series Looking, both for HBO.

Denis O'Hare, Actor - Over the past few years O'Hare has made a career of playing nasty characters. He's killed hundreds of people as Russell Edgington on HBO's True Blood and returns on the third season of the creepy FX series American Horror Story. O'Hare also worked on two important films about this AIDS epidemic this year, HBO's The Normal Heart and the critically acclaimed Dallas Buyers Club.

Maulik Pancholy, Actor - It's been a bittersweet year for Pancholy, who waved goodbye to one memorable character - Jonathan, his overprotective assistant to Jack Donaghy on 30 Rock - and said hello to anther, the title character in Nickelodeon's animated series Sanjay and Craig (renewed for 2014). And then there were the more personal accomplishments - Pancholy just celebrated his nine-year anniversary with his partner.

Lea DeLaria, Actor & Comedian - The Orange Is the New Black star had a banner year, meeting a new partner and being cast in the Netflix original series. She credits the show about a woman's prison for helping "acceptance of butches" and for a more honest depiction of women in general: "It's about having women look real."

Mo Rocca, Writer & TV Host - Rocca believes he has the best job in the world. The CBS Sunday Morning correspondent's reports have ranged from "The Darker Side of Jelly Beans" to "Love and Sex with Robots," with interviews from everyone from Sally Field to Roseanne Barr. Rocca's latest venture, his Cooking Channel show My Grandmother's Ravioli, follows him around the country as he learns to cook from grandparents in their kitchens.

Liz Carmouche, UFC Fighter - Liz "Girl-Rilla" Carmouche has led a remarkable professional life. A former Marine helicopter electrician, she served three tours of duty in the Middle East. Then, as a fighter in the UFC, she catapulted herself into the top 10 female fighters in mixed martial arts. She's also the first out gay fighter in the UFC.

Rex Lee, Actor - As Lloyd on Entourage, Lee was the long-suffering assistant to Ari Gold; as Mr. Wolfe on Suburgatory, he's been the uncool high school guidance counselor. Says Lee, "For 95% of my childhood I was fixated on being an actor, but nobody in my life knew. The other 5%, I was thinking about being a runway model."

Bruce Vilanch, Funny Man - Vilanch has starred on Broadway as Edna Turnblad in Hairspray, and is the winner of six Emmy Awards. Having penned jokes for just about everyone (Paul Lynde, Donny and Marie Osmond, Dolly Parton, and every imaginable Oscar host and presenter), he'll have plenty of variety - and dish - for his upcoming memoir. .

The OUT100 Presented by Buick culminates with an exclusive, star-studded celebration in New York City on November 14, 2013. The VIP, invite-only event will be held at Terminal 5. Additional proud sponsors of the OUT100 event are Barefoot Wine & Bubbly, AT&T, HBO, Total Rewards by Caesars Entertainment, and Wells Fargo.

OUT is currently available to consumers as a monthly print or digital publication found on newsstands and at select retailers or via subscription. OUT can also be accessed digitally at www.out.com or on mobile devices and is part of Here Media's #1 LGBT digital network, which reaches over 8 million unique visits per month (Google Analytics, July 2013). The OUT100 will be available on newsstands November 19, 2013 and online in early November at www.out.com/out100.

For updates on the OUT100 list and exclusive content, please visit www.out.com/OUT100.

Photo Credit: Walter McBride / WM Photos

Comment & Share

About Author

Subscribe to Author Alerts
 
Advertisement