'Thriller -The Musical' -Lyric Theatre *Its Bad-It Gets Worse*

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Extends until 2019.

Seriously though, the producers are currently lining up a huge string of guest stars to appear in the show with contracts from one week up to six.
The format of the current show will be changed slightly to include a guest stars act.

Chaka khan is one.

Updated On: 7/21/09 at 09:58 AM
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Are they up for doing 50 nights in the o2?
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Gasps!
Boybooshka Profile PhotoBoybooshka Profile Photo
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
They are clearly going to benefit so much from his death, what other alternative do the poor sods who forked over for an O2 ticket have?
Paterson
Stand-by
Stand-by
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the people at the O2 weren't trying to find a way to tranfer some of the show over there to fill a couple of nights.
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
i would love to see Chaka Khan again,but probably not in this. I suppose this show has a slightly new meaning now. It bet the producers cant believe their luck
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yet the producers of the much anticipated 'Thriller 'The Musical' for New York are having second thoughts!!!!
Get on the wagon and make the money guys!
lovepigeon Profile Photolovepigeon Profile Photo
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
There are so many people who have booked trains, flights and hotels who are now going to see Thriller instead of MJ. A friend I was meant to be going to MJ with tried to persuade us to go to Thriller Live in our gig night. Yeah right! I've sat through the horror before. I'd rather see them throw MJ's shiny white corpse onto the O2 stage and poke him with a cattle prod in time to Billie Jean than endure Thriller Live again.

I'm not surprised the Thriller musical fellas are having second thoughts. To the mass public who don't know a show is happening until it's about to begin, all it will be is wagon jumping. The timing is all wrong now, and they should give it a while.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
MJ himself was to a collaborator on the New York musical.
I think getting 6 chimps to play Bubbles over 8 performances a week was the straw that broke the camels back
I mean, getting a chimp to blow his load at a New York audience on cue!!! Impossible!
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I've heard horrible things about the Thriller musical. Don't the characters have names from MJ songs like Billie Jean, Annie and Susie?

I might buy Moonwalker on DVD tonight. I haven't seen it since I was a kid and all I remember is a teddy with spiders coming out of it. I hope it's still only 7. Or that it's available, come to think of it. I'm babbling.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
More like £97

Updated On: 7/1/09 at 09:44 AM
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I wouldn't be surprised. Actually it wouldn't be too bad if it is too expensive or not in the shop. If I buy MJ merchandise now, people might think I'm only a fan because he's dead. I might leave it.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Since the big kid flew off to Neverland for the last time the box office at the Lyric has sold nearly 70,000 tickets in just 12 days!

This production is now going to be nursed into what the producers hope will be a pilgrimage destination for tourists to London.
They had already announced plans to attract big names for limited seasons just days before Mr Jackson died.

No plans are in place to move the show from the Lyric but a world tour of this production are in the final stages.
Updated On: 7/7/09 at 05:52 AM
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
A world tour? Oh please Lord, let them do something with it first. People all around the world must hear such wonderful stories of the spectacular entertainment the West End can provide. Imagine their disappointment and disgust when that big bag of sh*t plonks itself in their local theatre. Sure, the world loves a bit of MJ but that is no reason to inflict Thriller Live upon it.
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Would a world tour bring an end to the UK tour?

I hate the pretty little lyric being stuffed full with this, praying it moves.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I do not like this type of show, this is not for me, so the following comment is not personal sentiment, just business, If I was the Producers I would be looking to open this in New York and Los Angeles ASAP!!!!!!!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The things they have panned fro this, to me, are pretty scary.
New York producers already have a show that, at the moment, they dont know that to do with.
This cheap and tasteless London production is the one that is gonna be seen across the world.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Thriller' In The West End Extends Until...
Shaheen Jafagholi
Good luck to this young man from Swansea today.
What an incredible few moments for him.

I just hope the Jackson family don't pounce on him and suddenly have 'Michael Jackson 2´
Updated On: 7/7/09 at 10:04 AM
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I love Shaheen. Not in a paedo way, I just think he's great. This'll give him overwhelming exposure and he'll be a favourite with Jackson fans for years to come because of this. Good luck to him, as if he even needs it.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Disney have already nabbed him for a series next year, its all signed and sealed.
Good luck to him.
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
No way! It wouldn't have surprised me if Thriller Live nabbed him. If they chucked him on the stage and got rid of that piss poor Jackson 5 segment, it would actually make a vast improvement to the show as a whole.

What sort of series, like a Hannah Montana type thing?
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
He did 'Thriller-Live' last year.
Yea, they are developing something along the lines of her show for him.
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Did he?
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Please dont do a world tour, I hate to think the world will be under the impression this is the standard England is now creating!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yep, he was the young Michael on its tour last year before it came to town. That was his big sell on Britain's Got Talent